PDA

View Full Version : Sinar Shutter

Kevin J. Kolosky
16-Jul-2012, 21:43
Recently I purchase a sinar shutter for my P2. It is the F4 model. I can't seem to get it to go on. I have no trouble at all putting regular lens boards on the front standard. Am I missing something?

Alan Gales
16-Jul-2012, 21:51
The Sinar shutter goes between the front standard and the bellows. Is that where you are trying to put it?

Lachlan 717
16-Jul-2012, 22:10
The Sinar shutter goes between the front standard and the bellows. Is that where you are trying to put it?

Just to add a little more to this: you need to remove the bellow from the front standard, put the shutter on to the back of the front standard (locking it in with the sliding catches), and then lock the bellow back onto the rear of the shutter (again, using the sliding catches).

Kevin J. Kolosky
16-Jul-2012, 22:51
yes, I am doing that. it doesn't want to go on.

Lachlan 717
17-Jul-2012, 00:44
Kevin,

Maybe take a couple of shots of the shutter so that we can see if anything's obviously wrong with it?

Kevin J. Kolosky
17-Jul-2012, 05:58
just noticed I don't know how to spell Sinar very well. Finally got it to go on. Had to scrape it a bit. They put too much coating on it. But now I can't get the 121 Super Angulon to fit in it. Might have to check to make sure I have the correct DB board.

Alan Gales
17-Jul-2012, 11:30
I'm glad you got it to work. :)