PDA

View Full Version : Fuji 400T for 5x7

Chuck_1686
12-Feb-2004, 05:14
I known this lens should cover 5x7 with limited movements. Has anyone tried in for 5x7? Wondering if you are happy with the performance.

Christopher Condit
12-Feb-2004, 09:31
I have this lens and don't like it. I didn't realize the shortcomings of the telephoto design when I bought it, namely small coverage and very tricky tilt/shift on the front. On 4x5, I have inadvertantly out-rised it, with massive vignetting. The lens chart on this site says it should cover 5x7, barely, but I wouldn't expect any movementsat all. For 5x7, I have since acquired a Fujinon C 450mm, with which I am much happier.

Results from the tele when used within its limitations are fine.

Just this week I decided to sell it since I never use it, contact me directly if interested. LN-, fire-sale price.

David A. Goldfarb
12-Feb-2004, 13:20
If you can find one, the older Schneider 360/5.5 Tele-Arton is a decent lens of tele design that covers 5x7". I bought it for 4x5" mainly, but I've used it at portrait distances on 8x10". I found it a bit too clinical for portraits.

Ted Harris
12-Feb-2004, 13:48
If a tele design is not a requirement there are a number of options available. For example, I use the Docter Apo Germinar 360 mm and the Nikkor M 450 mm, both of which have coverage that will exceed any movements you might want to use with a 5x7.