PDA

View Full Version : Durango and Silverton Exhibit

chesswiz1
6-Jul-2012, 11:05
I am pleased to announce a major exhibit of a project that has been in the making for seven years.

My photographs of The Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad will premier at The Open Shutter Gallery in historic downtown Durango Colorado, on July 27th. The opening reception will be from 5-8pm. The show will run through September 19th, and will feature approximately 50 black-and-white images.

The work will show a behind-the-scenes view of a working, steam railroad. Being so closely involved with the railroad has been one of the greatest experiences of my life. I hope the feeling and passion that I have for the railroad will come through in this exhibit.

The Open Shutter Gallery is located at: 735 Main Avenue, Durango, Colorado. The gallery can be contacted at: www.openshuttergallery.com, and at 970 382 8355.

The Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad can be contacted at: www.durangotrain.com, and at 970 247 2733.

Brian Killigrew
www.briankilligrew.com

Michael E
6-Jul-2012, 11:57
The images on your website are spectacular! I wish I could see the prints...

I have taken the train to Silverton a couple of times, I have taken the road up there a few times, too. Beautiful country!

Michael

chesswiz1
6-Jul-2012, 12:03
The images on your website are spectacular! I wish I could see the prints...

I have taken the train to Silverton a couple of times, I have taken the road up there a few times, too. Beautiful country!

Michael

Thanks for your kind words about my images. The railroad is wonderful, and the area is spectacular.

al olson
9-Jul-2012, 14:52
Congratulations, Brian!

I am sure that your images will show very well. The Open Shutter is a first class gallery and we are very fortunate to have it in our neck of the mountains.

I don't know if I will be there for your opening. It would be an opportunity to meet you, I presume you live in the area. In any event I will be in Durango at some point while your show is up. I look forward to seeing it.

cdholden
9-Jul-2012, 16:22
Again, I find myself on the wrong side of the country when and where photography exhibits are opening that attract my attention. I wish I could attend, but work and family commitments keep me here. Would anyone mind letting me live vicariously through them when viewing the exhibit? Post details, please!
Good luck with the show.
Chris

Kimberly Anderson
9-Jul-2012, 16:39
Rats, I was just in Durango three weeks ago! The gallery is a wonderful space. I enjoyed my time there meeting the owners and looking at the photographs there. You will have a great show. Congratulations!

al olson
21-Jul-2012, 09:19
Brian,

Received yesterday the Open Shutter card announcing your show. Your photo of engine 478 on the turntable, blowing steam, looks great. I am looking forward to seeing your show when I am in Durango. I know of several local photographers who have been working with the railroad to do train photography. I was unaware of your work until your announcement.

al olson
27-Aug-2012, 18:38
Brian, I visited the Open Shutter this morning to view your exhibit. Those photographs in the roundhouse and the shops were made in what appears to be extreme lighting conditions. Your silver prints have excellent tonality and are well printed.

This is a great documentation of ancient and aging rail equipment. I spoke with Margy, owner, and Brandon who are very pleased with your photos. I am sorry that I missed your opening and the opportunity to meet you.

According to the bio, all of Brian's photographs were created with a 4x5 camera. For anyone visiting the area, the show will last until September 19.

chesswiz1
30-Aug-2012, 11:28
Al,
Thanks so much for the kind words about my exhibit. Apologies to all for not responding sooner, for various reasons I have been without the correct Internet connection.

For those in the Durango area, I am having a poster signing event at The Open Shutter Gallery on Friday, August 31 from 5-8 pm. The Durango Herald has been kind to interview me about my work and the article will appear in Friday's Durango Herald.

Hope you can stop by.

Brian