PDA

View Full Version : Back to large format after experimenting with digital

azdustdevil
4-Jul-2012, 19:47
I'm Talbert McMullin, a professional photographer with 43 years experience. To paraphrase what Clint Eastwood said in the movie "Unforgiven"..."I've shot just about everything that walks or crawls at one time or another". To make a long story short, I started in 35mm many years ago, moved up to large format about 12 years later with an old Omega 4x5. Later, I sold the Omega and went back to 35 and about ten years ago, stumbled back into digital photography. I'm retired now and age is starting to get to me so I have gone back to what I do best: Film Photography, especially 4x5. I do some pinhole work as well with an old modified Agfa Clack, if you can believe that.

Mostly, I shoot for fun and personal satisfaction since sales have died with the economy, and I also teach photography to individuals and groups. I'm from Nashville, TN originally and now live in the sterile community of Gilbert, AZ. I'm a crusty old buzzard with a very wicked sense of humor, so forearmed is forewarned.

I go by the trade name "AZdustdevil" and yes it is copyrighted and so is my website, www.azdustdevil.com. I look forward to hearing from some of you.

David R Munson
4-Jul-2012, 20:12
Welcome to the community - I look forward to you taking part in our discussions!

Vaughn
4-Jul-2012, 22:56
Welcome back to the dark slide!

azdustdevil
6-Jul-2012, 12:46
Thanks, guys. Pleased to be here.

Alan Gales
6-Jul-2012, 17:37
Crusty old buzzard with a wicked sense of humor, huh? Boy will you fit in good here! ;) Welcome to the club!

Jody_S
6-Jul-2012, 18:00
Don't we have enough crusty old buzzards already? Oh, never mind. I'm a crusty old buzzard too. Just don't tell my wife I admitted I'm old.

Alan Gales
6-Jul-2012, 18:25
You're right Jody but most of them aren't wickedly funny! ;)

Andrew O'Neill
15-Jul-2012, 11:19
Don't we have enough crusty old buzzards already?

I would like to subscribe to this group. What are the requirements? I'll be 49 this August... too young?

Andrew O'Neill
15-Jul-2012, 15:43
David, I like the little Japanese phrase 写真家ですよ! above the photo. "I am the photographer!"

azdustdevil
29-Dec-2012, 15:38
Andrew, you're too young. Don't push it. You'll get old before you know it.

Andrew O'Neill
29-Dec-2012, 17:47
Mr. McMullin I looked at your website and I sure could have a lot of fun photographing that concrete bridge! Are some of the images done with a pinhole?

DennisD
30-Dec-2012, 07:40
Welcome back to the dark slide!

Vaughn being clever !

Welcome, AZdustdevil, but this really is the Dark SIDE ! (As you will soon find out)

May the force be with you !