PDA

View Full Version : Another mystery lens to identify

Jim Graves
29-Jun-2012, 16:18
Any brass/glass connoisseurs out there know what this lens is?

The etching below the AE logo simply says "Trade Mark"

cowanw
29-Jun-2012, 16:39
Anything like this?
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?87967-Anthony-Pillbox

Jim Graves
29-Jun-2012, 16:51
Wow ... 21 minutes from post to answer ... And that includes the time to search, type, and link. This forum is amazing!

Thanks

Two23
29-Jun-2012, 18:38
An easy one. Even I own a E. Anthony RR lens with wheel stops.

Kent in SD

Louis Pacilla
29-Jun-2012, 19:23
An easy one. Even I own a E. Anthony RR lens with wheel stops.

Kent in SD

Pretty sure this a landscape meniscus lens and not a rapid rectilinear. And wheres the wheel stop? Looks like washer stop to me.

BTW- You drinking a little tonight Kent?:D

Lynn Jones
2-Jul-2012, 12:39
I've been in the business for 65 years and you guys still amaze with with lenses I've never seen before (that includes 30 countries).

Lynn

Vaughn
2-Jul-2012, 13:29
So, Jim...will it cover 11x14? ;)

:) Vaughn

PS...took a portrait of the three boys with the 270mm (closed all the way so that I could time it with the lens cap) -- Boys up against a rock down at Luffenhotz. Not bad, kinda cool, very 11x14! The boys also helped hauling the camera and pod!

Jim Graves
2-Jul-2012, 15:21
Getting some work out of the boys ... that's good.

No, the pillbox is not mine ... just helping a 1st-time ebay seller identify what he had and helping him with the listing.

I do have a Rapid Rectilinear on the way from Canada that will cover 11x14, though.

Just suggested to Jim in Ventura that we all meet up for a camp out at Bull Creek the weekend of 9/28.

Jim in Sacramento

Mark Sawyer
2-Jul-2012, 15:47
The etching below the AE logo simply says "Trade Mark"

That means the original manufacturer wants you to trade it to someone named "Mark"...

hmmmm... who could we come up with? :confused:

Vaughn
2-Jul-2012, 16:35
I do have a Rapid Rectilinear on the way from Canada that will cover 11x14, though.

Just suggested to Jim in Ventura that we all meet up for a camp out at Bull Creek the weekend of 9/28. Jim in Sacramento

Sounds good to me! Now it is just a matter of remembering to keep that weekend open.

Vaughn