PDA

View Full Version : light leak or not ?

duranduran0201
29-Jun-2012, 07:05
I just attached two samples of my pic in BW.The first one seems light leak but could somebody help me confirm it ? Does this problem come from the camera or roll film ? My camera is Zeiss Ikon Contarex Bull's eye.
The second one looks like in normal.That's so weird.:(

E. von Hoegh
29-Jun-2012, 07:15
First one could be a double exposure.

Brian C. Miller
29-Jun-2012, 07:56
The second one has something similar to the first. Look at the left 1/4 of the image, and look at the inconsistent bright spot. Since the camera is a 35mm, you should check the condition of the camera foam seal. If it isn't fluffy, it needs to be replaced.

duranduran0201
1-Jul-2012, 06:26
The second one has something similar to the first. Look at the left 1/4 of the image, and look at the inconsistent bright spot. Since the camera is a 35mm, you should check the condition of the camera foam seal. If it isn't fluffy, it needs to be replaced.

Thanks. I just re-check my camera and found two scratches on the shutter curtain. I think they cause leak light. I'm wondering if there is a effective way to fix ? I do not want to replace the new curtain. Should it work if I daub something on the scratch? Ink or some black glue ?:cool:

duranduran0201
1-Jul-2012, 07:09

I saw someone use Black Liquid Electrical Tape to fix a hole on curtain. Does anyone use this before ? The alternative choice is Kodak black liquid opaque. But it seems Kodak is hard to buy.