PDA

View Full Version : Jobo 3062 film insert mystery - what was this for????

Jim Graves
25-Jun-2012, 15:35
I recently bought a Jobo 3062 drum to process 11x14 film ... I was surprised when it arrived that it contained a custom insert I believe was made by Jobo for film. But when I measured the spacing between the raised posts that would contain the film (or paper) the measurements do not match any film or paper size I recognize.

Anybody know what this might have been for????

In the attached photo the plastic insert is held down by two of my lenses ... the gold colored line would be the outline of the inserted film/paper and the black lines indicate the measurements from post-to-post: 9.25" x 15" [380mm x 235mm]

Sevo
25-Jun-2012, 15:53
Anybody know what this might have been for????
[380mm x 235mm]

Haven't the faintest. But I've seen Jobo drums used to develop decals and printed circuit boards, so that does not even need to be a photographic size.

IanMazursky
26-Jun-2012, 00:31
It might be for Xray or Aerial film or custom made for a specific film cut. Jobo used to make them to order.
I think you had to send them a few sheets so they could make the inserts customized to your film.
Some had good success with them but others didn’t. I heard they can leave streaks and some uneven development.
I found a better way using weather stripping foam that gives great results for my 12x20s in a 3062 drum and 8x10s in a 2830.