PDA

View Full Version : Kodak 10A Century Camera with Semi-Cent 1A Stand, lenses, etc.

bjaxson
23-Jun-2012, 09:16
Considering selling this item but need some suggestions regarding the price range of this type of equipment. Any thoughts, ideas, input would help.

Louis Pacilla
23-Jun-2012, 10:57
Check eBay completed listings (Look at what sold and not what folks ask for theirs. Must be a green # not red.

Or you could post some clear photos of the camera and stand. Note the condition of all the working/not working parts. Then maybe a real world value can be given.

I can tell you this though,,,Your not going to take the family to beach for week on the sale of this camera. It will more than likely be under a grand.

Steven Tribe
23-Jun-2012, 11:02
There is always some demand for the Studio set but the relative locations of the seller and "interested" is pretty important as these are not postal items!
Condition, especially of the bellows and the mechanics of the stand adjustment are important too. The number of backs/film holders can make the difference bewteen a sale or no sale!
So photos are necessary.

Lenses may be original to the set - or may not be!
A single quality Studio type lens can exceed the value of the camera/stand set by quite a lot. Post photos/descriptions in the lens thread.
Good luck.

David A. Goldfarb
23-Jun-2012, 11:06
Location, location, location. A wooden studio camera with a stand can attract many interesting buyers, if it is located within commuting distance of Manhattan. Far from a major metropolis, not so much.

jcoldslabs
24-Jun-2012, 14:02
Earlier this year I bought a Century 10A with Semi-Centennial stand for $400. No lenses or other goodies, but the camera and stand were in fine shape. I considered the price to be a very good one. It is possible you could ask much more than that, especially if you include lenses and other accessories.

Jonathan