PDA

View Full Version : Advice for using Foliobook on the iPad

Frank Petronio
19-Jun-2012, 13:19
Any advice - words of wisdom before I embark on using Foliobook on my iPad?

I get tired of buying these various apps and finding out that how you do the initial set-up makes a lot of difference down the road....

Light Guru
19-Jun-2012, 16:06
Never used it myself but it seems over priced and there are almost as many negative reviews as theirs are positive reviews.

Perhaps you should start by telling us why you want to use a app other then then the built in photo app.

Frank Petronio
19-Jun-2012, 16:10
So I can order the damn pictures!

welly
19-Jun-2012, 16:27
If you're wanting something as simple as a slideshow where you can order photos, then perhaps a copy of Keynote might suffice?

Light Guru
19-Jun-2012, 16:52
So I can order the damn pictures!

No need for another app then. Just put the images in the order you want in a iPhoto or Aperture album BEFORE syncing them to the iPad. If you want to Chang the order simply change it in iPhoto or Aperture then re sync.

Frank Petronio
19-Jun-2012, 17:44
It's worth a few bucks to me not to ever have to launch iPhoto on my computer, it is vile.

Anyway, back to the question?

Light Guru
20-Jun-2012, 14:37
It's worth a few bucks to me not to ever have to launch iPhoto on my computer, it is vile.

well you have to ether use iPhoto or aperture on the Mac to create the albums to sync on to the iPad. And if you really hate iPhoto then you can open iPhoto libraries in aperture now.

Frank Petronio
20-Jun-2012, 14:57
No you can sync folders without either app.

Light Guru
20-Jun-2012, 15:08
No you can sync folders without either app.

Then just name the files so that they will go automatically be arranged in the order you want by name.

I have tried several portfolio apps and have not found one that is worthy dine. The built in photo app is the most intuitive app out there.

bdkphoto
20-Jun-2012, 15:24
I tried several apps and settled on Pad Folio. Works well for me. Syncs with dropbox too.

Jim Andrada
22-Jun-2012, 12:24
I'm with Frank. No iCrap for me either. I was told once that the iPad sequences photos by the date time stamp in the EXIF data. Maybe right or maybe wrong. I use FlexFolios. A little unintuitive to set up a gallery but works OK

Jim Becia
22-Jun-2012, 13:38
Frank,

I saw this app on my friend's Ipad and thought it looked nice and he spoke highly of the app - www.xtrfolio.com. I have an Ipad and I haven't had the time yet to order it and use it, but from what I saw, it seemed to look nice and work well. Jim

Frank Petronio
26-Jun-2012, 17:06
FWIW, I set Foliobook up and it works very nicely, gives me much more control than the native basic app and also the image quality is good on the iPad3.

It is not infinitely customizable and transferring files from Mac to iPad is needlessly clunky but that's more Apple's fault that the apps.