PDA

View Full Version : Film Packaging Question

David Cerbone
15-Jun-2012, 06:38
Ok, I know this is kind of a dumb question, but here goes: how are 50-sheet boxes of 4x5 film packed? I ask because I recently acquired a lot of film, which included some boxes (Kodak Portra and Fuji Provia) of that size. The seal on the box was broken, but inside were two sealed packets. I didn't want to break the seal to count the sheets, but it seemed like there was not much room in the box for more packets. So, does each packet contain 25 sheets or are they usually sealed in smaller quantities?

Thanks!

vinny
15-Jun-2012, 06:40
when film was sold in 50 sheet boxes, yes mostly 2-25 sheet packs.

Bill Burk
15-Jun-2012, 07:52
Yes usually 2-25's. Just funny someone would crack the seal of the box but not go and use some of the film...

I guess I have done that in the past, crack the seal just to get at the data sheet inside...

E. von Hoegh
15-Jun-2012, 07:58
Yes usually 2-25's. Just funny someone would crack the seal of the box but not go and use some of the film...

I guess I have done that in the past, crack the seal just to get at the data sheet inside...

The feebay sellers do it all the time, then fan out the film/paper so you can see it's all there.....

Bill Burk
15-Jun-2012, 08:08
The feebay sellers do it all the time, then fan out the film/paper so you can see it's all there.....

Haaaa, the source of so many of my nightmares.

I give the person David Cerbone acquired the film from a lot of credit. The packages inside were still sealed.