PDA

View Full Version : White stuff on aperture blades.

Zewrak
13-Jun-2012, 09:21
Hello.

I got a lens in the mail today. And when inspecting it, there is something whiteish on the apertureblades. Everything else is fine with the lens. I cannot find any trouble with it.

Does anyone have any idea what the white marks on 2 of the blades are?

Regards, Daniel

Old-N-Feeble
13-Jun-2012, 09:26
Open the shutter and aperture fully and shine a bright pinpoint flashlight through the lens. Look for white specs or spidery marks on the glass. While your at it look for internal dust and haze too.

E. von Hoegh
13-Jun-2012, 10:42
Wear marks. Normal. They're shutter blades, not aperture blades, by the way.

Old-N-Feeble
13-Jun-2012, 11:29
EvonH... I saw the wear marks too and was only concerned about the spots. It's probably just dust or lint. Never-the-less it's a very good idea to inspect the glass thoroughly with a pinpoint light source.

Zewrak
13-Jun-2012, 11:32
the marks is all thats not excellent. :) The dust you see is on the front element. I live in a ocean of seedthingies atm. Cant keep anything dustfree for more then three seconds. Thanks for the reassurance EvH. And yes, ofcourse its the shutter. I blame language barriers ;)

E. von Hoegh
13-Jun-2012, 11:34
the marks is all thats not excellent. :) The dust you see is on the front element. I live in a ocean of seedthingies atm. Cant keep anything dustfree for more then three seconds. Thanks for the reassurance EvH. And yes, ofcourse its the shutter. I blame language barriers ;)

Sorry, I someimes forget we're not all native English speakers here.