PDA

View Full Version : Are your eyes better than mine?

Jason_1622
10-Jun-2012, 23:01
Can you spot anything worth going to this estate sale in these pics?

http://estatesales.org/corinth-tx-estate-sales/picker-and-collectors-sale-corinth-tx-176952/gallery#408582

It's far enough away from me, that I don't feel like going just to dig through a bunch of "dime a dozen" antique cameras. I see a bunch of standard $20 folding cameras, box cameras and TLR's. But a couple of those are hard to identify... Thoughts?

Joe Smigiel
11-Jun-2012, 00:15
Looks like there is a 5x7ish Korona (?) view camera (6th pic upside down, guess based on the finish, nickel hardware, and GG springs), maybe a cheapo Brand rail camera (pic 5), a 5x7 (?) Elwood (?) enlarger sitting on the floor (1/3 down the page) and several antique LF contact printing frames and plate/film holders. There is a Crown (?) tripod platform sitting on the contact frames (way down the page). There also appear to be a couple boxes full of misc photo gear/camera cases with maybe a lensboard and flange laying around. Might be some lenses for the view camera buried in them. I see a barrel lens on a big black lensboard sitting on what appears to be an old wooden Kodak film development tank. I wonder if that is some weird sort of projector and lens next to the Korona or if the Korona has a good lens on the front. Looks to be a air syringe/bulb release in one of the boxes so there might be some other worthwhile lens stuff buried. I think there is also part of a small Bogen enlarger (column and negative stage) in there too. They don't show it close enough to ID anything, but in the last pic there is a shelf with a bunch of smaller camera lenses on it. Maybe there are some LF lenses there too.

I'd say it is worth the trip if that is a Korona in decent shape. Or if ya just gotta have that weiner dog or Elvis thing.

chrishayton
11-Jun-2012, 07:40
There looks to be a kodak Panoram too which are quite cool

Jason_1622
11-Jun-2012, 07:47
Yeah, I thought I spotted some 8x10 wooden film holders in one pic. I'm not so interested in 5x7, but I do have 4x5 and 8x10 cameras that could use more accessories and lenses! We'll see... I might head to this thing.

Eric Rose
11-Jun-2012, 07:50
Looks like the prop closet for Storage Wars.