PDA

View Full Version : Modifying For Front Tilt

Annie M.
31-Jan-2004, 08:59
I am considering modifying my Kodak 7x11 2D for front tilt. Who is the best person to contact for this type of work?

Tracy Storer
31-Jan-2004, 09:08
Patrick Alt in Los Angeles used to sell a replacement front standard for the 2d's, which offered more movements. I believe he still has some "in stock." Patrick doesn't really "do" email, if you contact me off the board, I'll give you his phone number. Tracy

Leonard Robertson
31-Jan-2004, 10:03
I'm rather sure the 7X11 2D uses a different front standard than the 8X10. I know the 7X11 uses that strange wide lensboard and the 7X11 camera is wider across the focusing track than the 8X10, so I'm guessing the standard is wider. You can probably have your 7X11 modified though. If your 7X11 has the wide lensboard, doesn't that work somewhat as a front shift? You would want a modification that retained that movement, if possible.Consider the "tilting adapter lensboard" option. You would have to have one made and I don't know how the cost would compare with modifying the front standard. I have a not-great picture of one of these adapters I can email you if you've never seen one. If you had one of these made, you wouldn't have to give up your camera for weeks, either. One drawback - these add a little bit of extension, which you may not like with wide angle lenses. Leonard

Annie M.
31-Jan-2004, 10:56
Thanks..... I have e-mailed you both.

Todd Wright
31-Jan-2004, 11:05
Try Richard Ritter he made titling lens board for my 8 x 10 D2. It was also made as an adopter board to take my 4 x 4 boards that I have all my lens mounted on. Richard T Ritter web site is www.lg4mat.net

Chauncey Walden
31-Jan-2004, 11:40
I had a 7x11 2D and it seemed to me that it was made for taking 2 5x7's. The lensboard would slide to center the lens for each shot and there was slot system in the body for a sliding mask panel. I used mine as an 8(almost) by 10 by sawing a slice off each long side of an all wooden 8x10 film holder and adding a filler block to the left side of the body for the holder to butt against. A few pencil marks on the ground glass allowed proper composing. Worked great. Doing landscape, the back tilts were always sufficient for my needs. In retrospect, I would much prefer the 7x11 format to the boxy 8x10.

sanking
31-Jan-2004, 12:32
I strongly endorse the recommendation of Richard Ritter. His prices are reasonable and he has an excellent recommendation, both for the quality of his work and for timely service. I would not consider anyone else.