PDA

View Full Version : Center filter Schneider Kreuznach III on a Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm F:6.8 ?

Nooky41
4-Jun-2012, 04:45
Hi,

Is is possible to use the center filter Schneider Kreuznach III on a Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm F:6.8 to avoid the falloff of illumination towards the corners ?

Is is really necessary with black and white shootings ?

Thanks for your answers

Nooky41

Bob Salomon
4-Jun-2012, 06:55
Possible? Yes. Best way to do it? No. A Rodenstock or Heliopan will be better as long as they screw directly into a 67mm filter thread.

Do you need a center filter with negative film (B&W or color?) Not if you are willing to dodge and burn or can overlight the edges. If you don't want to do that then you probably need a CF.

Old-N-Feeble
4-Jun-2012, 07:13
I've heard it both ways but most of what I've read indicates it isn't optimal. I bought a 90mm f/8 Nikkor partly because my reasearch indicates the Schneider CF that I already have works very well with it.

Nooky41
4-Jun-2012, 08:22
Possible? Yes. Best way to do it? No. A Rodenstock or Heliopan will be better as long as they screw directly into a 67mm filter thread.

Do you need a center filter with negative film (B&W or color?) Not if you are willing to dodge and burn or can overlight the edges. If you don't want to do that then you probably need a CF.

The Center filter Schneider Kreuznach III can be directly screwed as it has 67mm filter thread.
What could be the difference with a Rodenstock or Heliopan ?

Best regards

Nooky41

Bob Salomon
4-Jun-2012, 08:27
You mean besides the center density and the density pattern and the front diameter?

Here is a little description of Rodenstocks latest center filter technology. Their other center filters are more color neutral then other manufacturer's ones.
http://www.rodenstock-photo.com/mediabase/original/Filter_brochure_Center_2010_CD_Engl_10184.pdf

The ones for the 90mm do not use the technology in the above link but the link does show the differences in manufacturing.

Nooky41
4-Jun-2012, 09:23
The Center filter Schneider Kreuznach III can be screwed directly to the lens but I don't know if it will give the same result as the Rodenstock one.