PDA

View Full Version : Women and their Big Cameras - Meetup Blog

Laura_Campbell
1-Jun-2012, 10:25
Bookmark this page for pics, videos, and scandalous tales as six women join forces to prove, once and for all, that size matters...

http://watbc.blogspot.com/

Laura_Campbell
1-Jun-2012, 10:26
There's a men's invitational on the last day of the meetup on June 16, 2012, in Lone Pine, CA, if you'd like to join us. Comment or PM for details.

darr
1-Jun-2012, 10:49
Love it--wish I was a part of it (I am woman)!!

Michael E
1-Jun-2012, 15:34
You even have a signature tune!

I should probably condemn this sexist endeavor, but I actually love the idea. The site looks very promising, I bookmarked it and will revisit it.

Good luck and lots of fun!

Michael

Laura_Campbell
1-Jun-2012, 17:45
Thanks Michael!

jackies
1-Jun-2012, 18:52
Darr,

It's not too late. Maybe you can join us.

J

Winger
1-Jun-2012, 19:07
Wish I lived out there! (another chick with a big camera)

jackies
3-Jun-2012, 05:28
Where in SW PA do you live?

darr
3-Jun-2012, 05:56
Darr,

It's not too late. Maybe you can join us.

J

Thanks Jackie, but I need more notice (maybe next year?). I have animals (more than the average) I would need to make arrangements for and work to schedule around, but I will be following the blog. The whole idea is marvelous! Today I meet with a little group of women in my area (we call it "Photo Gals") for photo-talk, food and I will be teaching Lightroom basics. It is so nice to have this gathering once a month! I always look forward to it and I am always learning from the others in the group.

Thank you again for the offer and maybe another trip!

Kind regards,
Darr

Robert Brummitt
3-Jun-2012, 17:50
If I'm repeating myself, Sorry.
I wish I could join this. I know several women photographers who would really enjoy hooking up with you all.
They mostly use Medium format but one or two use LF too.
I enjoy the company of women photographers over men, who rather discuss their equipment over the aesthetic of photography.

Winger
3-Jun-2012, 17:59
Where in SW PA do you live?

The nearest town is Scottdale. Do you know the area?

Laura_Campbell
5-Jun-2012, 12:22
If I'm repeating myself, Sorry.
I wish I could join this. I know several women photographers who would really enjoy hooking up with you all.
They mostly use Medium format but one or two use LF too.
I enjoy the company of women photographers over men, who rather discuss their equipment over the aesthetic of photography.

I'm planning another meetup tentatively scheduled for early December in Death Valley. I can keep you posted if you're interested in attending...

jackies
5-Jun-2012, 14:32
I know where Pittsburgh is and the surrounding areas. Old stomping grounds of mine. :-)

Robert Brummitt
5-Jun-2012, 19:57
I'm planning another meetup tentatively scheduled for early December in Death Valley. I can keep you posted if you're interested in attending...

Yes, please. What is the nearest airport?

John Flavell
5-Jun-2012, 21:15
Will there be a gallery of pictures from this gathering?

Laura_Campbell
5-Jun-2012, 23:16
Yes, please. What is the nearest airport?
Las Vegas has the nearest airport. It's 3 hours or so to Furnace Creek...

Laura_Campbell
5-Jun-2012, 23:19
Will there be a gallery of pictures from this gathering?

Yes, when we print, I'll put up a gallery on the meetup blog. Each day throughout the meetup we'll be posting something... a story, pic, or video. Someone is bringing whisky and playing cards...

John Jarosz
6-Jun-2012, 05:36
Someone is bringing whisky and playing cards...

We need more of that in this world........

Laura_Campbell
6-Jun-2012, 09:26
We need more of that in this world........

Yes, and just a few days after the Venus transit -- perfect...

Robert Brummitt
6-Jun-2012, 10:20
I put the word out to some of my large Format women photographers. The 16th is to early for some but the early December in Death Valley has got their attention.

Laura_Campbell
6-Jun-2012, 10:27
I put the word out to some of my large Format women photographers. The 16th is to early for some but the early December in Death Valley has got their attention.

Cool beans, Robert! The meetup in Death Valley is coed, btw...

Hugo Zhang
6-Jun-2012, 11:39
Cool beans, Robert! The meetup in Death Valley is coed, btw...

I always want to make a trip to Death Valley again. Coed means men are welcome? I don't want to be intruding.

Thanks.
Hugo

Laura_Campbell
6-Jun-2012, 23:32
I always want to make a trip to Death Valley again. Coed means men are welcome? I don't want to be intruding.

Thanks.
Hugo

Yep, coed means men are welcome! :)

Kevin J. Kolosky
31-Jul-2012, 18:38
Well, did you prove what you set out to prove?

Laura_Campbell
3-Aug-2012, 13:33
That size matters? I don't know. I wasn't there when my colleagues visited the local bar. ;-)

Sal Santamaura
3-Aug-2012, 14:22

That size matters? I don't know. I wasn't there when my colleagues visited the local bar. ;-)Please don't feed the trolls. :D

Laura_Campbell
3-Aug-2012, 19:31
Please don't feed the trolls. :D

Ok, I won't... :-)

dasBlute
3-Aug-2012, 23:10
actually this sounds great, I know someone who attended one of these and really enjoyed it,
I hope I can make it

Laura_Campbell
3-Aug-2012, 23:38
actually this sounds great, I know someone who attended one of these and really enjoyed it,
I hope I can make it

Cool beans! The next meetup is in Death Valley. Hope to see you there!

Here's the thread with more info:

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?93323-Large-Format-Gathering-Death-Valley-Nov-28-%96-Dec-4-2012