PDA

View Full Version : Wista 5x4 DX field camera repair to front strut

numnutz
30-May-2012, 16:09
Hi - last year I lent a friend of mine my Wista 5x4 DX field camera. He returned it after a few days saying he didn't use it so I just left it in the outfit bag. and didn't bother to check it.

Last week I decided to use it for a small project as my Gandolfi does not have sufficient movements. When I opened it up it seems that the fitting holding the one of the front struts has come away from its fixing.

The fitting seems to be a press fit in the hole in the fixed strut and affixed with glue - (epoxy resin I suppose) - Is it OK to just glue the fitting using epoxy resin? or should I try something else.

Thanks in advance for any replies

nn :)

John Wills

Bob Salomon
30-May-2012, 16:48
252 652-4401 is Wista service in the USA. If you are here why not ask them so it is done correctly.

IanG
31-May-2012, 03:16
As it's a 5x4 Wista :cool: I'd suggest calling Teamwork, in Foley Street, London (http://www.teamworkphoto.com/) as they are the British importers and carry out UK repairs.

Looking at my Wista 45DX if it's the bit that the strut pivots on these appear to be a press fit and there are small punch marks on each showing the brass is then stretched slightl to hold them in place.

Ian