PDA

View Full Version : Sinar F2 question?

stradibarrius
26-May-2012, 08:54
What is the widest lens that will work (at infinity) on the F2 with a bag bellows and without a recessed lens board?

Same question using a standard bellows. I have a 90mm that I know works fine.

AnselAdamsX
26-May-2012, 09:24
I've used a 47mm

B.S.Kumar
26-May-2012, 10:48
For lenses 65mm and under, it is best to use the double pleated Wide Angle Bellows 2. I generally use this bellows with all lenses upto 150mm, and the standard bellows for longer lenses. For lenses from 65mm to 90mm, the single pleated WA Bellows 1 is good. Flat boards for lenses down to 45mm.

Kumar

Roger Thoms
26-May-2012, 10:49
I've used a 47mm

I have too, except that I have a Sinar Alpina, but that shouldn't make any difference.

Roger.

rdenney
26-May-2012, 19:54
For lenses 65mm and under, it is best to use the double pleated Wide Angle Bellows 2.

Yes. It makes using a 47 very easy, and still provides room for some movements. The standard wide-angle bellows is a little too stiff for shifting that lens, and the bellows frames are thicker than with the WA Bellows 2. But with careful management of the pleat to keep it from getting folded between the standards, even the standard WA Bellows 1 will allow focusing a 47 at infinity using a flat board, unless you have a metering back.

Rick "who doesn't own any shorter lenses" Denney

Joseph Dickerson
27-May-2012, 10:15
This is an observation, and may not be of any help whatsoever so feel free to totally disregard it. But...the Sinar recessed boards are quite roomy. Plenty of space to get at the shutter, at least with a #0 or #1 shutter.

Just thought I'd throw that out for what's its worth.

JD