PDA

View Full Version : New lens from KEH, and a question about it.

Shootar401
23-May-2012, 08:53
I picked up a LN Fujinon 150mm ƒ/5.6 W lens with a Copal 0 from KEH, aside from a little wear on the retaining ring it's perfect.

Anyway Looking thought the literature from Fuji it seems that a W lens with a 52mm filter thread with markings on the outside of the lens barrel, like this one, was never made, or at least listed by them in a catalog. The closest I can find is the never "NW" series that does have a 52mm thread and also the markings on the outside. Also the newer NW series does have Copal 0 shutter, whereas the older W is only Copal 1, from what I've seen so far.

My question is is it possible that Fujunon kept the standard "W" markings on their lenses even though they were the newer NW series?

Gem Singer
23-May-2012, 09:07
To answer your question, Yes.

Your lens is a "NW".

Fuji did not imprint "NW" on their lens barrels.

However, they referred to them as "NW" in their catalog. ("NW" stood for "New W" lens series).

See:www.willwilson.com/fujinon.html

venchka
23-May-2012, 10:34
Welcome to the club. My multi-coated Fujinon-W 125mm/5.6 lens with 46mm filter ring and outside markings was never made. I like having a secret lens that doesn't show up in the online literature.
Enjoy! You have a fine lens. Fujinon lenses are the sleepers of the large format lens world.

Wayne

Trius
23-May-2012, 17:05
OT: Hi, Wayne. :)

Michael Graves
24-May-2012, 04:31
My 125 Fuji wasn't made? It sprang up from the depths? No wonder it takes such sharp pictures.

Welcome to the club. My multi-coated Fujinon-W 125mm/5.6 lens with 46mm filter ring and outside markings was never made. I like having a secret lens that doesn't show up in the online literature.
Enjoy! You have a fine lens. Fujinon lenses are the sleepers of the large format lens world.

Wayne

venchka
24-May-2012, 07:59
My 125 Fuji wasn't made? It sprang up from the depths? No wonder it takes such sharp pictures.

A little known gem of a lens. I got mine by accident. I thought I was buying the 52mm-55mm filter ring lens. When it arrived, I tried 52mm & 55mm filters. No luck. Lens too small. Lightbulb! I tried a 46mm filter. EUREKA!

OT: Howdy Earl! Good to see you here.

Wayne

Mark J
24-May-2012, 10:28
I just joined the Fujinon club myself. Bought a 180 f/5.6 (N)W last night on EBay for an excellent price.
I was reading this article only today : ( it's listed in the site linked above)

http://www.thalmann.com/largeformat/fujinon.htm