PDA

View Full Version : Cable release adapter madness

davidwrogers
21-May-2012, 17:25
So I got me a 90mm super angulon on a copal 0, mounted to a Cambo recessed board. How exactly do I get a cable release up in that peice? Any specific suggestions? Or just a 'U' or 'L' shaped adapter? I have a standard cable release but it will NOT fit in there. And pushing that tiny copal 0 release manually is a gross solution. shake shake shake.

Frank Petronio
21-May-2012, 17:43
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/233735-REG/Gepe_603007_Cable_Release_Extension_f.html

I think these are the best, you can mount them on the lens before mounting the lens onto the board. Screw them in and leave them attached forever.

Chris Wong
21-May-2012, 17:57
I used one of these when I was using a recessed board on my Toyo to solve the problem that you are having. I also used what Frank mentioned also and it worked fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Toyo-Angle-Release-Adapter-Shutters/dp/B000FAJ696

erie patsellis
21-May-2012, 19:44
Almost all my lenses have the extensions, and they save you from that "oh $hit" moment. I no longer use recessed boards, but have in the past, the Toyo angle releases Chris linked to (and various flavors/brands through the years) work exceptionally well, though are not inexpensive if you have several recessed boards. Then again, for the price of a few of those, you could buy a Sinar F.....;)

Dan Fromm
22-May-2012, 05:49
The Gepe extension that Frank recommended has one weakness: it won't fire a press shutter.

Ari
22-May-2012, 10:39
When using a board with a deep recess, the Toyo adapter is invaluable, and often the only decent solution.
They can sometimes be found on eBay for half the new price.

BrianShaw
22-May-2012, 12:37
I have the same configuration as the OP, and use the adapter mentioned by Frank. I leave it on the shutter at all times. Works quite well.

Wayne Crider
22-May-2012, 12:49
I posted an ad for a Gepe release FS in the classifieds.

davidwrogers
22-May-2012, 19:32
Ordered one of them Gepe majiggers. Next step for shake minimization is a good, new Davis 'n Sanford tripod?