PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Need 5x7 Color Film

1750Shooter
18-May-2012, 09:34
Does anyone know where I can get 5x7 Extar or another color print film in a small lot (10 or so sheets)? The only thing I can find is a $400.00 box of Porta 160 & I don't like Porta's color rendition. I'm using my Seneca View for landscapes here in the NW, so color rendition is important. On the other hand, would anyone be willing to cut down some 8x10 for me? I don't have a darkroom, so I can't do it. Thanks for any advice or help.
Bruce

cabbiinc
18-May-2012, 10:25
I don't shoot 5x7 but I've read that most films have been discontinued for the format. You may try contacting http://www.canhamcameras.com/ to see what availability is for Kodak films. I don't know how the current situation is, but they could get any film in any format so long as there were enough people with a pre-order made. They don't stock film, they just order it from Kodak. It is a process though and if there's no one else requesting your format you may be waiting quite a while.

Aled Hughes
18-May-2012, 12:41
Probably the only option available for you is to buy a box of 8x10 and with a carefully set up trimmer in the darkroom, cut the film! After a bit of practice with paper I did not find it too bad, I then had the problem of trying to find a lab to process it!! Good luck

Daniel Stone
18-May-2012, 13:50
well as the OP has mentioned, he DOES NOT have a darkroom.

Bruce(OP), I can trim some 8x10 Ektar down for you if you want, I cannot promise 1/100mm accuracy in my cuts, since I will be using a rotatrim, but if you can send me a box of Ektar 100 in 8x10, and pay shipping back to you(I highly recommend sending it insured as well), I'll do it for free.

Please include a negative that I can use as a reference for setting the size for as exacting size-wise as possible.

Send me a PM or email if you would like my assistance, glad to help :)

cheers,

Dan

Daniel Stone
18-May-2012, 13:51
Another option, if you want 5x7 E-6, I can do that easily as well :). Just send the film along, and a extra box to hold the cut-down film, and I can send it back to you(again, just cover postage costs in total).

No charge to cut the film down.

-Dan

1750Shooter
19-May-2012, 05:11
Thanks, Dan. I'm in the process of tracking down some 8x10 & I'll get back to you soon. Thanks again.

Daniel Stone
19-May-2012, 09:07
1750, PLEASE SEND ME A PM when you want to get this started, no use in putting our potential back and forth correspondence on the public domain and taking up more space ;)

Badger has some 8x10 Ektar btw:

https://www.badgergraphic.com/store/cart.php?m=product_detail&p=3383

They show it as "discontinued by Kodak, better get your a$$ moving" or something along those lines ;), sure you want just one box cut down?

-Dan

false_Aesthetic
22-May-2012, 07:01
Isn't there a place in PA that cuts down film?

You could probably send them a few boxes and have em do it for you.

Daniel Stone
22-May-2012, 12:33
Isn't there a place in PA that cuts down film?

You could probably send them a few boxes and have em do it for you.

http://www.varotechnical.com/

frotog
24-May-2012, 09:51
Just a heads up on Varo Tech... they're a little sloppy as of late - loose tolerances, inattention to specific instructions and poor handling can ruin your investment.