PDA

View Full Version : Wish to rent low-end scanner in San Francisco Feb 7-8

Lars Åke Vinberg
22-Jan-2004, 16:31
I am returning from three months in Chile early February, would like to have a chance to scan some of my transparencies before continuing my travels.

So... can anyone in San Francisco or nearby rent (or lend) me a flatbed film scanner over the weekend of February 7-8? I need USB or Firewire to connect to my Windows laptop.

For personal reference, please talk to Per Volquartz - he's got my 8x10 gear in his safe, that should hopefully do as collateral.

Any help appreciated,

Guy Tal
23-Jan-2004, 11:14
Keeble and Shucat in Palo Alto rent scanners. You may want to check with them for what they have available.

Guy

David A. Goldfarb
23-Jan-2004, 11:32
SCSI cards for laptops aren't too costly, and they are very handy. Add an old Agfa Duoscan, for around $100-200, and it might be a better value than renting.

I've built up a collection of various scanners and drives (Zip, JAZ, CD-R) that use the SCSI interface, so whenever I want to upgrade I just get a new laptop, plug in the SCSI card, and all my old peripherals are still usable.

Mia Nakano
30-Mar-2005, 20:14
This is an outdated post, but the answer is RayKo Photo Center. They have Nikon, Epson, and Imacon scanners for hourly rentals in house.

www.raykophoto.com

good luck.