PDA

View Full Version : One potential Meridian 45B issue and how to solve it.........

Hyok Kim
16-May-2012, 08:45
I've bought one from ebay after having done extensive research. Basically more useful than Linhof Technikas at more affordable and collectible package.

While checking out the movement in the back, I accidentally unthreaded one of the big screws completely off the body, and that little brass component fell off from the body. Took me a while to find it, but had a problem re-inserting it into the hole and threading that screw back for two reasons.

1. Due to gravity, and the shape of the brass component, it wouldn't insert correctly into the hole so when I later tried to lock the back movement by tightening the screw, it wouldn't lock.

2. Also, due to that wedge designed to control the threading and unthreading of the screw got in the way so I couldn't put the screw fast enough to position the brass component correctly.

After struggling a bit, I finally succeeded by upholding the camera so that the opening of the hole would face down, and by putting the brass component correctly on that concave side of the screw correctly and forecefully threading the screw despite the resistance from the wedge.

Peter York
16-May-2012, 09:21
My brass bits were worn out on my Meridian, and I replaced them with cut pieces of rubber. It works but given sufficient force the back will move.

Hyok Kim
16-May-2012, 13:00
My brass bits were worn out on my Meridian, and I replaced them with cut pieces of rubber. It works but given sufficient force the back will move.

Well, nice to know, when those brass components finally wear out.