PDA

View Full Version : What to use to mount bellows (Linhof Technika III V5)

Enzo Dizono
14-May-2012, 11:59
Hi,

Couldn't find something although it seems like a common question (so probably my fault), but what can I use to mount the bellows of my Linhof Technika III V5? When I removed the old bellows, i found out that they were mounted with glue. I heard about double sided tape, but is that strong enough. At the front-end, the bellows are held in place by some plate as well. At the back-end however, it's only the glue. I'm looking forward for your help.

With Regards,
Jesse

David Swinnard
14-May-2012, 18:11
I used Pliobond a few years ago when I replace my Tech V bellows, as recommended by folks either here or on APUG (don't recall). It worked very well though it smelled a bit for quite a while (didn't appear to harm my film though).

I had a hard time trying to find it but eventually found it in a hobby store catering to model train fans. This stuff: http://www.handlaidtrack.com/Pliobond-Industrial-Contact-Cement-p/sp-0001.htm

Enzo Dizono
17-May-2012, 03:19
Thanks for the tip, although i couldn't find the stuff. I used double-sided tape for mounting heavy objects and that worked out great.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/dizono/_MG_4596.jpg

This is by the way an Ebay-bellows from Hong Kong. Wonderful quality, no leaks

Tony Lakin
23-May-2012, 01:27
I have a Tech III Mk5, I hade new bellows made by camera bellows (UK) about 20 years ago, I attached them to the camera myself using Araldite epoxy adhesive, everything is great after all this time.

mdm
23-May-2012, 12:32
Go to the link below, follow log in instructions in the attatched jpeg to view videos on bellows installation from ecbuyonline. Using double sided tape and staples. (I put this here for reference, others may benefit from watching the videos)

http://www.soku.com/search_video/q_deardorff%20installation

Enzo Dizono
24-May-2012, 01:41
Thanks to both. The Tech is already repaired as you can see, but i bought a Kardan Super Color ST as well (for 100EU/130$) including 6x7-back and 3 film holders. As you can expect for such a price, the camera needs a new bellows, again these are glued. I still have to decided if it's worth to repair te camera.

@mdm: nice vid's, the Tech bellows are from ecbuyponline. Great ebay-store!

D..Eyes
17-Apr-2014, 07:02
Hi Enzo, what type and brand of double sided tape did you use?

Bob Salomon
17-Apr-2014, 07:12
Thanks to both. The Tech is already repaired as you can see, but i bought a Kardan Super Color ST as well (for 100EU/130$) including 6x7-back and 3 film holders. As you can expect for such a price, the camera needs a new bellows, again these are glued. I still have to decided if it's worth to repair te camera.

@mdm: nice vid's, the Tech bellows are from ecbuyponline. Great ebay-store!

The ST had a very unique bellows that would work, with full movements (as much as a lens would allow) for any lens from an extreme wide angle to a 360mm without destroying the bellows.

Make sure that whatever replacement bellows you use has this same capability. Very, very few bellows will be able to meet the specs of the ST fixed bellows.

By very wide angle we mean it handled a 45mm with a recessed board.