PDA

View Full Version : Linhof serial number

Varakan Ten Tipprapa
20-Jan-2004, 16:28
Please Bob or any one who know about serier number on Linhof TK. I bought for couple weeks would like to know when it made.

Back showed only "Gemany" ( the old showed"West Germay" ) when do they change after 1992?

and the number I found two places: one is on the top of camera "B541110" and another is located under bottom (under bed track) "314368" . It should be Linhof Master.. Isn't it? , but what year

Thank you for you time. Varakan Ten Tipprapa

Guy Boily
20-Jan-2004, 19:18
Varakan, I have a similar camera with serial #B53xxxx and it is a Master Technika but w/o a range finder. It is like a Master 2000 but w/o the wide angle focusing track. Hope this helps.

Bob Salomon
21-Jan-2004, 03:48
Sorry I am currently away from the office. Please call Marflex for an answer. 973 808-9626

Bob Salomon
21-Jan-2004, 07:44
Did you buy a TK (TechniKardan) or a Technika? The TK is nothing like a Technika. B541110 is a 1993 Master Technika. B53xxxx is a camera made in 1992 or 93. Can't tell which without the next 2 numbers.

John Lloyd
21-Jan-2004, 11:58
If you contact Linhof by e-mail they will tell you what your camera is and when it was made. I think it is history@linhof.de

John Lloyd
21-Jan-2004, 12:02
The e-mail addres is service@linhof.de

Mike Schiller
21-May-2005, 20:22
I'm curious....

I have a Tech IV ( serial number 71960) that I just bought at local camera shop. They got the camera back in 1960 from the Linhof distributors complete with a 150mm Xenar and a 90mm Angulon, both cammed to the camera. Since 1960 the camera has basically been sitting in the camera shop, and I'm the first person to actually 'buy' this camera. So is it covered by a gaurantee? :)

-Mike

Bob Salomon
22-May-2005, 02:16
"71960" 1959/60.

No the only warranty would be the dealer's.

Victor Krag
30-Mar-2008, 00:24
Hi Bob,

I have not been able to find a simple list of Linhof serial #'s indicating date of manufacture. You seem to be the best source in the world.

Can you please tell me the year of a Tech IV 4x5 # 63277 ? I'm guessing late 50's, exact year would be great.

It certainly is an early IV though the leather appears more gray-brown than the several reddish-tan IV's I've seen. I removed the spring-clip grip bracket to look into creating a leather hand-strap for it and found the unexposed leather underneath the bracket to be the same charcoal brown -ruling out any body leather fading. Say, any idea where I could likely find a stock leather hand-strap? I'll probably just convert and old belt.

Thanks for sharing your time and knowledge,
VK

Bob Salomon
30-Mar-2008, 02:03
[QUOTE=

and the number I found two places: one is on the top of camera "B541110" and another is located under bottom (under bed track) "314368" . It should be Linhof Master.. Isn't it? , but what year[/QUOTE]

B541110 is a 1993 Master Technika

Do you have a TK45 or a TK45S 45?

Bob Salomon
30-Mar-2008, 02:04
[QUOTE=Victor Krag;334290]Hi Bob,

I have not been able to find a simple list of Linhof serial #'s indicating date of manufacture. You seem to be the best source in the world.

Can you please tell me the year of a Tech IV 4x5 # 63277 ? I'm guessing late 50's, exact year would be great.

gregstidham
30-Mar-2008, 04:40
Hi Bob,
Say, any idea where I could likely find a stock leather hand-strap? I'll probably just convert and old belt.
VK
I'm not Bob, but I was asking Martin at Marflex for a hand strap last May. They were $110 and available May 07. I assume you are talking about the side strap and not a strap for the top.

Sincerely,
Technika IV #74582

Bob Salomon
30-Mar-2008, 05:11
Hi Bob,

It certainly is an early IV though the leather appears more gray-brown than the several reddish-tan IV's I've seen. I removed the spring-clip grip bracket to look into creating a leather hand-strap for it and found the unexposed leather underneath the bracket to be the same charcoal brown -ruling out any body leather fading. Say, any idea where I could likely find a stock leather hand-strap? I'll probably just convert and old belt.

Thanks for sharing your time and knowledge,
VK

Are you looking for the strap for the camera body or the strap for the Anatomical Hand Grip (Left side only).

As someone else stated. Linhof parts in the USA are sold by Marflex.

Victor Krag
30-Mar-2008, 09:30
Wow, thanks Bob! Man, that was fast! .. a 1956'er, cool.. my vintage as well!
I'll look into Marflex for the stock left-side (non-anatomical) leather hand-strap.

Thanks agains for the info.
VK

rjphil
4-Jun-2008, 06:01
Hi Bob -
I believe that I have a Tech IV, serial $ 65910, probably from the late 50's.
Would I need a recessed lensboard to use a 90mm f8 Super Angulon?
Thanks!

Peter K
4-Jun-2008, 09:00
You can use a 90mm lens with a flat lensboard, but with a recessed lensboard camera movement is easier because the bellows isn't so compressed. For shutter size #0 6, 12 and 21mm deep boards with cable release rapid clamp are aviable. But for older Super-Angulon mounted in shutter size #00 an adapter ring is needed.

rjphil
4-Jun-2008, 12:25
Thanks Peter !

seawolf66
4-Jun-2008, 14:11
Wow, thanks Bob! Man, that was fast! .. a 1956'er, cool.. my vintage as well!
I'll look into Marflex for the stock left-side (non-anatomical) leather hand-strap.

Thanks agains for the info.
VK

Yes its old enough to vote and drink by itself: :D

BOB BERESFORD
9-Jun-2008, 05:44
Hi Bob -
I believe that I have a Tech IV, serial $ 65910, probably from the late 50's.
Would I need a recessed lensboard to use a 90mm f8 Super Angulon?
Thanks!

No .... and for better movement/rise on these things....just cut the top out of the camera.

Probably kills the resale value but don't let that stand in the way of art. And if you're only using Technika lenses to 270mm you can cut the bellows and reglue and then get the lenses further back. All those lenses are designed to have short focus distance/draw.

Note that if you just want to shoot straight - no shift - you can push a lens back further inside onto the rear rail ( with those 2 pincer arms ). That way you can certainly focus a 65mm on a flat and probably a 58.
The Toyo 45 A is an excellent camera but you can't do anything like that with it - even after some customising. I can't even focus a Nikon 65 on a flat with it.

Personally I've got a Technika 4 I'm customising heavily and after it's all chopped up and re-done it will focus - I'm sure from 35 to 210 on flats. And be lighter.

Is anyone else doing outrageous things to their cameras ? spread the word.

Nat.Images
23-May-2023, 03:13
Good morning for all,

Please,could someone inform me, I bought a Tech, but I don't know if it's VI or V model.?
The serial number is: 79614, and it has the lever to raise and lower.
Thanks a lot.