PDA

View Full Version : Need info on thread diameter or part (Eastman 2D 8x10")

Michael E
10-May-2012, 04:06
Hi everyone,

my Eastman 2D lacks a knob. It's the shift mechanism lock knob on the left side (seen from behind the camera, you could call it it driver side, port side, whatever). I don't trust my abilities to measure the thread diameter and pitch correctly. I hope somebody can provide me with this information - or can tell me where I can buy a spare part. I'm located in Germany, so a trip to the local hardware store will turn up only metric threads...

Thanks!

Michael

John Jarosz
10-May-2012, 07:57
Do you mean the back focus lock knob or the rear swivel lock knob or the rear tilt lock knob? They are all the same. In any event I have one I can send to you. PM me with your email and mail address and I will send it.

John

Michael E
12-May-2012, 13:47
I need the knob in the front of the camera. Sorry, I should have made that clearer. Thanks for your offer!

Michael

John Koehrer
13-May-2012, 13:32
If made in the US, it's most likely not a metric thread.

RichardRitter
13-May-2012, 14:18
It's not a standard size I had to have custom tapes and dies made to match the thread. I may have a new one on hand.

Michael E
13-May-2012, 15:17
It's not a standard size I had to have custom tapes and dies made to match the thread. I may have a new one on hand.

Richard, you've got a PM.

Best,

Michael

ShawnHoke
11-Oct-2012, 18:05
I just received an Eastman 2D today and she seems to be in good shape. It is missing one of the rear focusing knobs. I assume the one that locks the rear standard in place, because the rear standard creeps forward after I stop focusing.

I assumed i could find plenty of replacement knobs on 'the Bay,' but no dice.

Richard is this something that you may have available for purchase or can i rig something up?

Also want to say thank you to this forum and all the posters. I have learned so much lurking here over the past few weeks!

Shawn

Jon Shiu
11-Oct-2012, 18:51
Just take it to the Ace hardware store and see what you can find. You just need something to tighten to jam up against side. You can use nuts or washers if need be to take up the extra space. Craft a wooden knob and nut if you want to.
Jon

ShawnHoke
12-Oct-2012, 03:19
Just take it to the Ace hardware store and see what you can find. You just need something to tighten to jam up against side. You can use nuts or washers if need be to take up the extra space. Craft a wooden knob and nut if you want to.
Jon

Exactly, Jon. Looks like anything that can thread on deep enough to jam up against the side will lock her up. At first, I was like "WTH is going on here. It keeps creeping forward!" Then I realized that the front locked down, but the rear was missing the lockdown knob.

Thanks!