PDA

View Full Version : Copal screw missing - where to get?

Guy Tal
20-Jan-2004, 10:20
I just noticed one of the tiny screws that hold the cable release thread adapter to the Copal-1 shutter on one of my lenses is missing. Any idea where I can get those?
Anyone has a non-working shutter they'll be willing to part out?

Thanks,
Guy

David R Munson
20-Jan-2004, 10:36
I'll compare the screw from my shutter with some of the hundreds of other screws I've collected from dismantling every piece of photo gear that I've had that broke and wasn't worth fixing.

Leonard Evens
20-Jan-2004, 11:38
It is probably a metric screw. You can get all sorts of small screws at www.microfasteners.com. There are other suppliers also, which you can find with a google search. The problem will be in identifying the screw specification. If no one can tell you here, try a local hobby shop, which may even have such screws in stock or may be able to identify the screw and order it for you.

Brian Ellis
20-Jan-2004, 19:57
I'd check with S.K. Grimes, they probably have the screw or can at least give you the size.

Walt Muller
21-Jan-2004, 10:26
I had a similar problem and took my lens to a jewlry repair place. This was in a small town and they had a screw that matched in their odd-lot drwaer.

Walt Muller
21-Jan-2004, 10:27
I had a similar problem and took my lens to a watch repair place. This was in a small town and they had a screw that matched in their odd-lot drawer.