PDA

View Full Version : film holder confusion for the youth

jp
6-May-2012, 16:00
I was sitting in my room, quietly tinkering away remounting a LF lens/shutter I'd recently acquired, surrounded by camera items from a recent outing. My situational awareness lapsed.

My 2 y.o. daughter decided she wanted to sit next to me. Next thing I'm hearing is "Very Hebby", I look up and she's got my 300/2.8 AF lens and it's as big as her torso as she lugs/hugs it around. My heart skipped a beat there till I had that back on solid ground.

She hops up next to me and passes me a 4x5 film holder. "It's daddy's Kindle" she says.

It's the right size and shape for sure. First time I've heard of a film holder being mistaken for a computer!

p.s. Maybe someday, a whole capture and storage system will fit inside a normal film holder?

Tim Meisburger
6-May-2012, 22:48
I was unpacking an old gramophone I had in storage six or eight years ago and in the cabinet I had some old 78s, and when my son saw them he said to my daughter "Look Sofia, giant CDs!"

Heroique
6-May-2012, 23:08
Fun story. ;^)

Someday soon, she’ll hold up a Kindle and say, “Look, it’s Daddy’s digital back!”

E. von Hoegh
7-May-2012, 07:29

p.s. Maybe someday, a whole capture and storage system will fit inside a normal film holder?

One already does....

Ari
8-May-2012, 21:21
One already does....

:):)