PDA

View Full Version : 97% mint lens (glass parts missing) for $199!

goamules
3-May-2012, 12:20
110873396281 to see a Goerz lens listed as Mint in Case. The only problem is it appears the elements are missing. An amazing Goerz "UnkTar" of "unk" focal length!

His ad has been rewritten, but originally said, "If anyone can tell me what this is worth I'd appreciate it...so I don't ask too little..." I wrote and said if it's indeed missing the glass, it's worth about 20 bucks for the case or parts. He wrote back, "yeah, right." Caveat Emptor.

BrianShaw
3-May-2012, 12:21
I think it is worth considerably less than $20... personally speaking.

Keith Pitman
3-May-2012, 12:30
If it has no glass, can it be called a "lens?"

goamules
3-May-2012, 12:36

Good point. Someone should buy it, then tell paypal to withhold funds because you were misled!

Larry Gebhardt
3-May-2012, 14:06
Not a mark on the glass. It looks to be in really good shape, for the age :)

Lachlan 717
3-May-2012, 14:25

World's biggest Pinhole lens?

Steven Tribe
4-May-2012, 03:20
The lens is described as "used".
Used as a source for cells, now mounted in a nice shutter somewhere.

Vick Vickery
4-May-2012, 06:51
Whats really hard to believe: SOMEBODY HAS ACTUALLY BID ON IT!

E. von Hoegh
4-May-2012, 07:02
They've stepped up production, there are two born every minute.

goamules
4-May-2012, 07:31

Whoever that person is, they've bid 756 times on cameras and lenses the past 30 days. He better be paying attention.

SergeiR
4-May-2012, 07:46
Whoever that person is, they've bid 756 times on cameras and lenses the past 30 days. He better be paying attention.

nope.
Bid retractions: 30
Bid retractions (6 months): 35

its a bot or service to suck people in, methinks. Always single bid.

DJG
4-May-2012, 07:49
Well, now the description says:

"MADE OF BRASS" ((( No Glass )))

Old-N-Feeble
4-May-2012, 07:59
Why is it that eBay no longer includes questions asked about the auction item? Is that function now controlled by the seller?

toolbox
4-May-2012, 08:15
Why is it that eBay no longer includes questions asked about the auction item? Is that function now controlled by the seller?

The seller has to check a box if they want the question and reply included in the auction...it's not included by default any more.

goamules
4-May-2012, 09:51
I just read the newest Ebay policy, part of which states:

A provision has been added stipulating that in some cases we may refund part of the cost of an item to the buyer, and receive reimbursement from the seller, to cover differences between the item described and the item actually received, such as items received with small parts missing or minor repairs needed. Buyers may be asked to provide written proof from an authorized third party detailing the cost of such repairs. In these cases, we will not require the buyer to return the item to the seller.

So lets see, I buy the "lens" for 150 bucks. Then claim I needed 400 dollars reimbursed because the glass had to be replaced?

Kirk Gittings
4-May-2012, 09:57

Just a guess maybe. The bidder has the same lens with good glass and beat up barrel? But just as likely an idiot.

E. von Hoegh
4-May-2012, 10:09
Just a guess maybe. The bidder has the same lens with good glass and beat up barrel? But just as likely an idiot.

Or a shill bid.