PDA

View Full Version : Information on these lenses

Mike J
2-May-2012, 07:39
Hi Everyone

Can anyone help me with a cople of lenses that I was given together with a lot of other stuff, the first lens is a Busch's Aplanatsatz there is not a size on it,it has an iris but the stops are numbered 1 - 12 12 is closed and 1 is full open on each of the front:confused: and back lens barrel is stamped III, the lens is 50 mm long and the lens barrels are 34mm OD, I would like to know how I can work out the size and know if it is rare.

The second lens is a Busch's Rapid Aplanat No 4 Foc 13" can you tell me anything about the lens I am new into Vintage Cameras so please forgive my ignorance.

I was also given two plate camers a Sanderson which takes a Half Plate I,ve been told, and a Contessa Deck Rullo Nettel 4 1/2 x 3 1/4 both are in very good condition, I'll be back later on to find out about these.

Thank you all very much

Mike J

c.d.ewen
2-May-2012, 10:21
Mike:

Use the search function to find references to your lenses, e.g., this one (http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?83171-FS-Rescued-13in-Busch-Rapid-Aplanat-w-Copal3-Adapters).

Charley