PDA

View Full Version : 11x14 Color Transparency Film

KyledeC
25-Apr-2012, 07:28
Hello all,

I am in the beginning stages of planning a project that will require 11x14 color transparency film. I thought I would ask to see if anyone has any information regarding 11x14 color transparency film. Any ideas on where I can get it. I'm fine with either Fuji or Kodak. I have already contacted Keith Canham inquiring about Kodak 11x14 color trans. Does anyone know who I would contact to inquire about Fuji 11x14?

Basically any information on the subject would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you all,
Kyle

vinny
25-Apr-2012, 07:54
Jeff at badgergraphic.com
He's orchestrated 11x14 provia orders in the last couple years, before the big storm.

Mark Sampson
25-Apr-2012, 10:26
As Kodak recently announced that they will be discontinuing their all color transparency films, Fuji will be your only choice.

Oren Grad
25-Apr-2012, 10:34
Unfortunately, the last time Jeff (Badger) ran a special order for 11x14 Fuji transparency film, he said it would be the last one, that Fuji was going to stop accepting orders for 11x14. But you should check with him to see whether anything has changed.

KyledeC
25-Apr-2012, 12:41
Thank you all very much! I'm going to call Jeff right now.

KyledeC
25-Apr-2012, 12:54
So just in case people are curious. Fuji is not accepting 11x14 orders anymore. And Kodak is discontinuing e6 film. Jeff at Badger said I may still be able to make a Kodak order, but the last time he checked the minimum 11x14 order is $15,000.

If anybody has any suggestions of any type of e6 film that I may be able to get in 11x14, please let me know. Thanks!

vinny
25-Apr-2012, 13:01
I'm interested in the reasons requiring 11x14. Are you displaying them as is or do you have a hole burning in your pocket?

KyledeC
25-Apr-2012, 13:04
Haha, it's a project involving them as raw transparencies. Too complicated to explain through text :) If I'm able to do it, I will be sure to start a thread showing what I did and how I did it. Thank you again for your help.

Ron McElroy
25-Apr-2012, 14:39
Haha, it's a project involving them as raw transparencies. Too complicated to explain through text :) If I'm able to do it, I will be sure to start a thread showing what I did and how I did it. Thank you again for your help.

Since you will be displaying the transparencies as a finished piece, an alternative approach for the project is to use backlight inkjet material.

DolphinDan
25-Apr-2012, 15:13
You might try e-mailing Dirk at JAPAN EXPOSURES

http://www.japanexposures.com/about/

about ordering 11x14 Fuji E6 film. Fuji seems to be more inclined to make film for their home market/Japan, like VELVIA 100 in 5x7 and ASTIA in 8x10, etc. It won't be cheap :-(

Namaste
Daniel

Drew Wiley
25-Apr-2012, 15:26
You could simply have your shots enlarged onto backlit display film, either via enlargment
or via scanning and any number of printing options such as Lighjet or Chromira. Might be
a lot cheaper (if you can find 11x14 E-6 film at all, or anyone to process it). Since 11X15
isn't all that big as far as a printing medium is concerned, you could do the actual shooting
with something smaller like 4x5, if actual shots are even what you have in mind. 11X14 is
still avail as color neg film for a steep investment, and you might be able to contact print
that onto display film, though the final color would be different than a chrome.