PDA

View Full Version : Replacement Knob for Wisner Pocket Expedition 4x5

DJGainer
23-Apr-2012, 09:55

I'm looking for a replacement knob on my Wisner's front standard. You can see in the pictures the bolt where the knob should be, and what the knob on the other side looks like. Can anyone recommend a source?

Thanks,

-Dave

Tracy Storer
23-Apr-2012, 10:26
Wisner knobs were all custom-made rather than store-bought. They are large in diameter for the thread size and very thin. For the Pocket, they are probably yellow/gold-anodized aluminum.
Quick and easy to make if you have a lathe, but you'll be up against minimum charges at a local machine shop. There are several forum members(including me, but I'm busy moving) who could make one for you.

DJGainer
23-Apr-2012, 10:52
Tracy, thank you so much for your response. If any forum members could help me out, I'd appreciate it!

Joseph Dickerson
24-Apr-2012, 08:38
DJ,

Contact Richard Ritter...he repairs Wisners as well as manufacturing his own cameras. (www.lg4mat.net/)

JD

DJGainer
25-Apr-2012, 05:27
Thanks JD, I've been going back and forth with him and another forum member. Appreciate the advice!

CP Goerz
25-Apr-2012, 06:26
Also Alan Brubaker at AWB can make it, he has repaired and replaced all kinds of hardware.

DJGainer
25-Apr-2012, 14:29
Thanks to everyone for their help. Through your suggestions and my own research, I determined that the knob I needed was actually one shown on the Wisner Flight model, although I am certain I have the PE. It's likely Wisner just put the knobs in the shop on the camera. I contacted Richard Ritter who had two of the same knob, so I was in luck. Again, thanks to all who pointed me in the right direction.

-Dave