PDA

View Full Version : Graflok on Graphic View II

Tom C
22-Apr-2012, 14:37
Howdy,
Anyone got any idea where I might find a Graflok back (or just the adapter plate for a Graflok back I already own) that will allow me to mount the back on a Graphic View II. The Fuji PA-45 instant film holder just won't fit into the Graflex back.
Thanks,
Tom C

gth
22-Apr-2012, 15:53
What kind of graflock back do you have?

The graflock back for the Graphics View II fits right on the camera, there is no adapter plate.

I got a Graphics View II with a spring back and managed to later find a graflock back for it on ebay. Fits right on!

Search for it on ebay, save the search, and have them email you when it comes up.

Tom C
23-Apr-2012, 06:34
gth
The Graflok back I have fits right on a Speed (or probably a Crown) Graphic. I am assuming that I can retrofit it onto the Graphic View back which is held in by pins inserted into a spring steel thingy (but you probably already know that).
I will take your advice and save a search in e-bay. Thanks for the tip.
Tom

Jim Jones
23-Apr-2012, 08:24
The Graflok back on a Crown is slightly larger than the back of the GVII. This means the Graflok back would have to be mounted on an extension, which might interfere with wide angle shots. The extension could be cut from plywood or built up from wood strips. Also, unlike many view cameras, the GVII holods the focusing panel at the bottom with a lip and groove rather than two pins. This will be slightly harder to improvise. It might be worthwhile to shop for a junker GV or GVII with a graflok back. I've bought these cameras with lens for about the price of the lens alone.

Tom C
23-Apr-2012, 17:18
Jim,
Thanks. I'm going to find a factory original - one of these days.
Tom

gth
23-Apr-2012, 19:43
Jim,
Thanks. I'm going to find a factory original - one of these days.
Tom

Tom,

There is a nice Graphics View with Graflock back right now on ebay. Seem to be in very good shape, and has the front standard top screw (often missing) AND a reflex viewer from a Polaroid. No bids right now at $175. YOu might get it for $250 - $300. The reflex viewer is an attractive item, and you could put together two Graphics Views with the parts and sell the one with spring back for probably $150-175. If you find a standalone Graflock back, which are far and few between you are probably looking at least $100. If you can get the one for sale now for less than $300 it might be worth it. However the reflex viewer might drive up the sale price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Graflex-Graphic-View-II-Camera-W-Case-Lens-Board-Polaroid-Reflex-Viewer-NO-Lens-/270962669032?pt=US_Vintage_Cameras&hash=item3f16a235e8#ht_1490wt_1267

gth
23-Apr-2012, 20:40
ON THE OTHER HAND.......

Unless you already have a lot of $$ in the Graphic View II, consider selling it off and get a older model Toyo 45 or some such that already has a Graflock (international) back.

Once you get a few lens boards, roll backs, polaroid backs etc. not to speak of lenses, you have more in peripherals than the camera body. That's the situation I am in.

And frankly the Graphic View is not the sturdiest of cameras. It's cute little camera, but in retrospect I wish I had gone the Toyo route in the first place.

Or even a Sinar Norma. Easier to find parts, lens boards etc.

That's where I am at right now....