PDA

View Full Version : Dallmeyer lens

Mike J
21-Apr-2012, 04:34
Hi
Everyone this is my first post, but not the last. I have been given a very old Sanderson 1/2 Plate camera several lenses and a few other bits like lens panels, and a Contessa Nettle Deck Rullo with a compur shutter and lens, I am hoping that someone out there can help me with one of the lenses in the box with the Sanderson camera.
The lens markings are J.H.Dallemayer telephoto attachment,4inch Focus, serial no 68617. It has an aluminium body which is 4 5/8 inch closed and 6 3/4 inch open. there is a 2 element lens on the back but no lens on the front but two of the lense in the box screw into the font of the lens. Am I right in assuming that this is the way it worked, you fit whichever front lens, to get the required photo

Steven Tribe
21-Apr-2012, 05:52
Yes!

Mike J
21-Apr-2012, 08:34
Yes!

Thanks Steve

Mike

Steven Tribe
21-Apr-2012, 14:26
I think the use of the Adon is covered in the appropriate dallmeyer catalogue at cameraeccentric.
These tele attachments were all the rage for about 10 years and then......!

Mike J
22-Apr-2012, 04:40
Hi Steve Thanks for the information Ive had a look at it and it confirms what you said, I am going to get the camera and try it out during next week,I will post the results.

Mike