PDA

View Full Version : 10" Circuit Film added to the Ilford ULF Run

frednewman
10-Apr-2012, 15:03
I had spoken to a few photographers requesting 10" circuit film & spoke to my Ilford rep & they are adding 10" circuit film to the 2012 Ilford ULF run, hopefully sometime soon. If you know any photographers needing circuit film please let them know. So now there will be 8" & 10" circuit film available. As I've said in the past, please support Ilford as they are making all the different size ULF film available and you can order one box or as many as you want. My recommendation is to plan ahead and think of how much film you will need for the next year to year and a half, so you won't run out.

Fred Newman

David A. Goldfarb
10-Apr-2012, 15:44
Not a format I shoot, but that's fantastic.

cdholden
10-Apr-2012, 16:05
Not a format I shoot, but that's fantastic.

+1

The more options there are for fillm formats, the greater the chances of someone having access to old cameras. Some of those creative possibilities could be the next big print hanging on your wall.

Hermes07
10-Apr-2012, 16:47
Forgive my ignorance, but what is circuit film?

David A. Goldfarb
10-Apr-2012, 16:54
The Cirkut camera is a large format panoramic swing lens camera on a rotating base that uses 10" or 8" roll film.

Ivan J. Eberle
10-Apr-2012, 16:57
Google "Cirkut". Antique Turn of the Century (c.1900) slit camera w/synchronized rotating clockwork tripod base that makes enormous negs. Fun stuff! (David beat me to the punch).

dsphotog
10-Apr-2012, 17:02
It's spelled Cirkut. It was a rotating slit-scan panoramic camera, made by Century Camera Co. Mostly used to shoot large group shots.

Hermes07
10-Apr-2012, 17:03
Brilliant, found it now with the new spelling. Thanks.

frednewman
10-Apr-2012, 20:07
Google "Cirkut". Antique Turn of the Century (c.1900) slit camera w/synchronized rotating clockwork tripod base that makes enormous negs. Fun stuff! (David beat me to the punch).

Thanks for the spelling correction. I was just glad to get it added to the Ilford ULF special order as I had a few requests for the 10" Cirkut film.

Fred Newman