PDA

View Full Version : how can I keep the film flat?

Jens Knoop
29-May-1999, 12:50
I couldn't identify the problem fist, but suddenly I discoverd that my negatives are "popping". My exposuretimes are extremly long which of course is not doing it any good, but does somebody have a solution how to stick/glue/fix my 8x10" fi lm to the back of the Fidelity film holders?

Jeff White
29-May-1999, 15:33
All large format materials "pop". This is cause by the change from being in a closed film holder to being in a big light tight box. The film will usually pop in the first minute or two, I know people who always wait at least three minutes after pulling the darkslide before starting the exposure. I usually can't wait that long due to impatience but I do try to wait at least a minute or two before starting the exposure.

Johndesq
29-May-1999, 15:35
Use the tape they use in hospitals for taping on skin. Easy removable...No damage done, won't hurt either ..Voila...

The docter has spoken..

Jan erala
30-May-1999, 07:11
Before inserting the cassette in the camera, give the lower end a knock against your hand, this will "knock down" the film in the holder.I have no problems with 8x10 Fidelitys and EPR 64, I`m always shooting immediatly.