PDA

View Full Version : I have a bunch of extra 8x10" Provia

chris jordan
31-Dec-2003, 09:59
Having just switched to shooting color negatives, I have about six boxes of Provia 100F 8x10, stored in my freezer ever since I got it about six months ago, that I won't be needing. Anyone have a use for it? Please e-mail me directly.

~cj

chris@chrisjordan.com

www.chrisjordan.com

Sal Santamaura
31-Dec-2003, 19:01
So Chris, which color negative film did you end up with?

Ed Burlew
1-Jan-2004, 06:57
Another Negative shooter, I have been using 160vc and nc for a year and I get fantastic results, I like the vc a bit better. My typical blow up is 30x40, thats with no grain at all. I can do a 50x60 also with no grain visible at all. I found that the rodenstock 240N is an amazingly sharp lense, Any of the schneider or rodenstock or nikkor lenses will easily handle the film accurately.

I had been a B&W shooter but after seeing others do large prints and finding out that a high quality scan of an 8x10 slide was going to be just under $100. I decided to try the colour neg. It is still pricey to shoot but the results are definitely wonderful.

I recommend that every 8x10 shooter at least try a couple of holders of color neg. A very died in the wool B&W shooter in Toronto who had sold me his 8x10 camera was astounded at the 30x40 color prints, he had ben doing B&W an maxing out at 20x24 for twenty tears. His eyes were opened.

In Toronto only VIstek has the 8x10 neg film and only kodak, I would like to try the Fuji but in my 120 work I really do not see a big difference between the two.

The kodak and the fuji are the only two makers and the kodak is excellent.

jantman
1-Jan-2004, 07:18
I'm relatively new to 8x10 in general, but more so to color. I picked up a box of RDP (yeah, original, expired in 1995) from my favorite discount film store, and have really only shot a few sheets but I love it.

I like transparency in all formats, and I do the Ilfochromes myself, so I don't think I'm going to be switching over any time soon. Sure, color neg is somewhat cheaper, and the printing is about half the price, and color balance isn't as important. But what about holding an 8x10 trans in your hand?

Jeff_1630
2-Jan-2004, 10:42
Chris,

Are you giving the stuff away? Otherwise, isn't this a for sale ad in disguise? Don't get me wrong, I think we should have FS post here that could be deleted in 30 days or so. I'm just wondering if the policy has changed or if stealth posts are OK?

And if you are giving it away, kudos on your generosity!

Larry Gebhardt
2-Jan-2004, 13:10
Chris, if you are giving it away I am interested. I currently cut down 8x10 Astia to 4x5, and Provia is one of my favorite films. If you are selling it what is your price?