PDA

View Full Version : A Developer for the DoMac Processor

al olson
29-Mar-2012, 16:56
I don't know how many members, if any, are using the DoMac processor to develop their RC papers. It is a very simple design and I find it very usable when I am making more than a few prints. It is good for papers up to 16" wide.

There used to be a B&W developer that was formulated specifically for the DoMac. Due to lack of business, the company quit producing these formulas. I tried a number of paper developers but there were two problems. One is that they were not fast enough acting for the 20 seconds the paper is submerged in the trough.

Second problem is that when the end of the paper passes out of the last roller, it is no longer undergoing sufficient development so that there is about a one inch strip that is lighter than the rest of the print.

I have discovered that Photographers' Formulary has a developer, BW-65 that when used in the 1:1:2 (part A : part B : water) strength gives a full development in the 20 seconds the paper is submerged. It also has sufficient strength that it continues to develop after the end of the paper pops out of the bottom rollers. All of my prints are now developing normally.