PDA

View Full Version : drivers for scanners that run with osx

jnantz
28-Dec-2003, 12:00
hi

back in october i decided to upgrade my scanner with one that was able to read 5x7 transparencies. i didn't get anything super expensive ... but what i got seemed to work fine. unfortunately the driver that came with it did not support a mac, so i decided to look into other drivers that might be out there and settled on getting vuescan. to make a long story short, vuescan worked fine until this past week when it decided not to run my scanner and my os. it turns out that it does not support osx beyond 10.1.x or something .... i run 10.2.3 and soon will have panther running .. any suggestions on drivers that are out there that will run osx & an acer 1240 scanner?

thanks in advance for your help!

john

Ted Harris
28-Dec-2003, 17:59
Vuescan is your answer and it is arguably the best scanning software on the market at any price and it is cheap ... 50 bucks ...

jnantz
28-Dec-2003, 18:11
thanks ted

it seems to be a problem only when i run the transparency adapter. if i do a straight scan first w/o the adapter, it *sometimes* works .. vuescan is great stuff! i just wish my scanner and the software weren't feuding :(

have a nice new year! john

Ted Harris
28-Dec-2003, 22:07
john ... see my email and perhaps we can fix it tomorrow

matthew blais
29-Dec-2003, 05:51
John, FWIW, I have Vuescan 7.6.68 on a Mac running 10.2.6 and no problems. And that's with an older Agfa Arcus 1200 with scuzzi connect.

CP Goerz
30-Dec-2003, 14:32
Would it run in the Classic 9?

CP Goerz

jnantz
30-Dec-2003, 23:03
hi

i'm not quite sure if what happened will happen again - but after i installed the newest version of vuescan, and put the old version in the "trash" the problem *seemed* to have stopped .. i'm going to knock on wood, because just seconds before i began to write this note, i made a scan on the g4 ( running with panter ) and it seemed to scan ... without a problem <g>

must be new year's luck!

thanks for your help :)

john

ps. cp goerz: i re-bootted in system 9, but realized that i would have had to download another copy of the software for it to install in os 9 ... so i continued with os x :)