PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Transfer Workshop by Sandy King at the Photographer's Formulary

sanking
24-Mar-2012, 08:14
Carbon Transfer workshop in Montana by Sandy King, August 19-24, 2012

I would like to call your attention to a workshop on carbon transfer printing that I will be teaching late this summer in Montana at the Photographers Formulary. This workshop will cover all aspects of making carbon transfer prints, including tissue making, final support preparation, and making custom digital negatives for the carbon transfer process.
Due to personal travel and a couple of workshops I am planning to teach in Spain and Mexico this year the carbon workshop in Montana is the only one I will teach in the US for the rest of 2012.

http://www.workshopsinmt.com/
August 19-24, 2012
Carbon Transfer
Call to inquire -(800) 922-5255 or email: sherry@photoformulary.com

Vaughn
24-Mar-2012, 19:59
I would love to take the workshop...unfortunately the price is beyond me at the present time.

Need an assistant? :)

Vaughn

sanking
24-Mar-2012, 20:17
I would love to take the workshop...unfortunately the price is beyond me at the present time.

Need an assistant? :)

Vaughn

Vaughn,

Contact Sherry at sherry@photoformulary.com and tell her you would like to be an assistant if enrollment permits. You would be a great asset to the workshop and it would be a pleasure to work with you.

Sandy

mdm
24-Mar-2012, 22:35
I will be up to my armpits calving 140 cows a week at that time, otherwise I would try to make it. Its would be challenging and fun.

Curt
24-Mar-2012, 23:50
How hot will it be in Montana during that time? I've been looking at this for a while and would like to come. I just hope it's not full. Money is always an issue for the attendee but... I can dig deep in order to avoid missing this years workshop.

Tell me I don't need to bring a notebook computer with the latest Photoshop version in order to learn the digital method of negative production though.

Curt

Jim Graves
25-Mar-2012, 00:21
Sandy ... sounds like a wonderful course ... hope I can swing it.

I noted one comment in the Formulary's summary of the class content that's incorrect, though ... carbon tissue is, in fact, available commercially at: Link to Bostick & Sullivan (http://www.bostick-sullivan.com/cart/home.php?cat=171)

Hope you get a full-house ... carbon is a GREAT process.

Vaughn
25-Mar-2012, 01:25
Vaughn,

Contact Sherry at sherry@photoformulary.com and tell her you would like to be an assistant if enrollment permits. You would be a great asset to the workshop and it would be a pleasure to work with you.

Sandy

Thanks Sandy! I was only half serious, mostly because I did not think it was really possible. I have emailed Sherry and introduced myself.

Thanks again, and we'll see how things turn out!

Vaughn

Curt
25-Mar-2012, 01:30
Jim, I'm going to attend and I hope you can make it also. I sent Sherry a note and will register tomorrow.

mdm
25-Mar-2012, 01:33
Sounds like a killer workshop with the film only printers pushing the digital, and the digital pushing the die hard film printers. Got to result in fantastic results from both.

sanking
25-Mar-2012, 14:33
How hot will it be in Montana during that time? I've been looking at this for a while and would like to come. I just hope it's not full. Money is always an issue for the attendee but... I can dig deep in order to avoid missing this years workshop.

Tell me I don't need to bring a notebook computer with the latest Photoshop version in order to learn the digital method of negative production though.

Curt

The weather should be very pleasant this time of year. Average daily highs and lows for August are 77 and 48. But bring a good jacket just in case!!

No need to worry about a laptop and the latest version of PS. I figure people who attend my workshops want to concentrate on carbon printing, not PS, so digital work is limited to a "need to learn basis" for printing digital negatives. And the equipment that is needed is already at the Formulary in place.

And if anyone prefers to work with analog continuous tone camera negatives they will be fully supported!

Sandy

Jim Fitzgerald
25-Mar-2012, 14:41
Sandy, good luck with the workshop. Great environment for it. Can't wait to see and hear about everything.