PDA

View Full Version : sending out 4x5 sheet for development, is there a minimum qty.?

buggz
23-Mar-2012, 20:43
Hello,
When you send out 4x5 sheet film to develop, do places that perform this have a minimum amount number?
Do you have to send in a full box?
Half a box?

Frank Petronio
23-Mar-2012, 21:01
I've never heard of a minimum, sometimes you only send one as a test. They will wait until they have enough to do a run.

Leigh
23-Mar-2012, 21:25
You need to ask the lab.

I've never encountered one that would not handle single sheets, but there are lots of labs I've never contacted.

As Frank said, the turn-around on really small orders might be excessive. You need to ask about that also.

- Leigh

lenser
23-Mar-2012, 21:29
If you run into a lab that gives you a long delay to wait for enough sheets to do a film run, you might consider another lab. I had to do this with a lab I used to use in St. Louis which got to the point of having two week and longer delays. Now I use a lab in Denver that runs E-6 twice daily so never a delay and faster service compared to the old lab, even with four more total days of shipping.

Frank Petronio
23-Mar-2012, 21:50
A busy lab will have good chemistry, well-maintained equipment, and an experienced staff. Once they slow down, things tend to go wrong.

Wayne Crider
24-Mar-2012, 21:49
What's going to get you is shipping charges both ways. You can probably send in pretty cheap but there's usually always a minimum charge back to you. Best to get your money's worth sending more sheets or take up processing if B&W.