PDA

View Full Version : Sinar DB lens and Sinar Auto Aperture Shutter

daviddiener
23-Mar-2012, 07:37
Hello this is my first time here so be kind. I have used large format cameras for a while I recently bought a camera from ebay with a DB lenses and Sinar Auto Aperture Shutter. For the life of me I can't find out how you put the lens on the shutter. Does anyone have a photo of how it is mounted? or a brochure on how to put the lens and shutter together? Since it is the first time using one and it came off of ebay I am wondering if I have all the parts.
Thanks so much for you help in advance!!!!!!!!!!
David

DrTang
23-Mar-2012, 08:01
aren't the lenses already mounted on sinar lensboards?

put the shutter on the front of the camera in place of a lensboard...put the lens on the lensboard in the front of the shutter

William Whitaker
23-Mar-2012, 08:07
The shutter does not go in place of the lensboard. The shutter is mounted to the back of the front standard. Disconnect the bellows from the front standard and mount the shutter in its place. Then re-attach the bellows to the back of the shutter. The lens mounts in the usual place at the front of the front standard.

Read the instructions here: http://cameraeccentric.com/html/info/sinar_2.html

DrTang
23-Mar-2012, 08:23
oh crap..you're right..

hahaha I'm using mine on a calumet 8x10 so I had to make a whole rube goldberg series of adapters including a cut down front standard

MY BAD

Armin Seeholzer
23-Mar-2012, 11:15
And Will has it right and the red dot should facing downside on the inner side of the lensboard!

Cheers Armin