PDA

View Full Version : Gepe G-2004 light box

Terry Hull
21-Mar-2012, 11:08
I see no way to access the inside to see if I can decipher why it isn't working. Because it is a cold cathode lamp i assume there is no way to replace a bulb? Anyone know anything about these?

Bob Salomon
21-Mar-2012, 12:48
Usually it is the AC adapter that is not working. The tubes in the G2004 have a ±10,000 hour life. I seriously doubt that you have approached that yet.
The tubes are not replaceable. They are very thin and easily broken by handling. They are also covered by material that ports the light into the illuminated area from outside the illuminated area of the box.

Repalcement AC adapters are catalog number 809002 and have a list price of $24.99 in the USA. They can be ordered from your camera store or from us.

Terry Hull
22-Mar-2012, 10:14
Bob-too expensive I think-is there a generic available?

Bob Salomon
22-Mar-2012, 11:56
Probably but since we are Gepe we would not know specifics. Ansmann does make universal, muktiple voltage, multiple tip one but those would be more expensive.

You could just take the box down to Radio Shack, all of the specs for an adapter are printed on the label on the back of the unit and the polarity is molded into the unit by the plug.
BTW, tubes would be almost the price of a new unit.

Terry Hull
25-Mar-2012, 09:58
Bob-I assume if the correct AC adaptor didn't solve the problem then it has to be bulbs? The correct new adaptor caused a very low level of light. Thanks.

Bob Salomon
25-Mar-2012, 10:56
If the lamps lit then you should have a good unit. But it sounds like you don't have a good AC adapter.

pideja
6-May-2020, 08:32
I too have a GEPE G-2004 and it does not light. Anyway to check the lamp?

Bob Salomon
6-May-2020, 10:57
I too have a GEPE G-2004 and it does not light. Anyway to check the lamp?

Have you checked the output of the AC adapter?

Greg
6-May-2020, 11:57
Try bending the cord on the AC adapter. Had one a few weeks ago that acted funny if you bent the cord in a certain way... took me weeks to discover that since it did it intermittently.