PDA

View Full Version : Can you identify these photographic items?

l2oBiN
18-Mar-2012, 16:13
A seller is selling an arca swiss 171 camera with various accessories, however I cannot seem to identify them based on the picture the seller has provided. Could you identify them (Items 1-7)? (Only have this small picture)

The seller states the attached items include

- Large-format camera ARCA SWISS
- Geared Head (! Absolute Head about 5 kilos)
- Quick Release Plate Adapter for Ground Bar
- Compendium including filter holder
- Polaroid cassette
- Roll film cassette for 4.5 x6cm
- Kodak Ready Load Pack
- 16 pieces of 4x5 inch sheet film cassettes
- Polaroid and sheet film packs some (older use-by date)

My guess

1 ? an example of 4x5 film cassettes ? what type are these ?
2 Arca quick release clamp? Genuine?
3 Polaroid cassette?
4 Roll film cassette (4.5x6cm did arca make these? The darkslide seems to be for 6x12 size? )
5 Compendium hood (is it 6x9/4x5 version or 4x5/8x10? How can one tell? where is the filter holder?)
6 Kodak readyload holder + film?
7 Geared head? What type of head is this? I have never seen one?

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Marko

Emil Schildt
18-Mar-2012, 16:20
A seller is selling an arca swiss 171 camera with various accessories, however I cannot seem to identify them based on the picture the seller has provided. Could you identify them (Items 1-7)? (Only have this small picture)

The seller states the attached items include

- Large-format camera ARCA SWISS
- Geared Head (! Absolute Head about 5 kilos)
- Quick Release Plate Adapter for Ground Bar
- Compendium including filter holder
- Polaroid cassette
- Roll film cassette for 4.5 x6cm
- Kodak Ready Load Pack
- 16 pieces of 4x5 inch sheet film cassettes
- Polaroid and sheet film packs some (older use-by date)

My guess

1 ? an example of 4x5 film cassettes ? what type are these ?
2 Arca quick release clamp? Genuine?
3 Polaroid cassette?
4 Roll film cassette (4.5x6cm did arca make these? The darkslide seems to be for 6x12 size? )
5 Compendium hood (is it 6x9/4x5 version or 4x5/8x10? How can one tell? where is the filter holder?)
6 Kodak readyload holder + film?
7 Geared head? What type of head is this? I have never seen one?

Your help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Marko

nr 1 and 3 looks like a pol holder (for 665 - 669 and so on) - nr 6 pol holder for type 55 polaroids nr4 moght be a sinar rollfilm cassette (maybe vario format) - nr2 snap - nr 5 hood (which one I don't know)

Michael Rosenberg
18-Mar-2012, 16:40
Numbers 1 and 3 are the same - a polroid pack film holder; you can no longer get the pack film. Numer 4 is a Calumet C2N roll film holder for 120 film, with the dark slide pulled. It slips in front of the GG back like a regular film holder. Number 5 looks to be a compendium lens hood. And number 6 looks to be a film holder for either a Fuji film envelopes.

Mike

BTMarcais
18-Mar-2012, 16:47
Of course you can still get polaroid pack film- just not any made by Polaroid. :)
Fuji makes it in ISO 100 color and ISO 3000 B/W. FP-100C and FP-3000B

-Brian

Louis Pacilla
18-Mar-2012, 16:56
I'm pretty sure #7 is Cambo Geared Head. I could be wrong but it sure looks like a Cambo. Pretty much like Majestic geared head. I prefer a geared head indoors with heavy cameras But they are very heavy.

metalsmith
18-Mar-2012, 17:09
I agree with Louis, 7 is a Cambo geared head. A beast. Work great.

cowanw
19-Mar-2012, 05:34
And #2 is an Arca screw release top that goes on a head and accepts Arca quick release plates

l2oBiN
19-Mar-2012, 12:35
Thank you very much for all your help. I think I have a good idea of what they are now. I will probably not need all of this stuff and would be selling a lot of it. Anyone know what this stuff is worth? Also, how can one tell the difference between the 6x9/4x5 and 4x5/8x10 compendium, and what type of filters do they take? the seller stated it has a filter holder?

Marko