PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Dagor I would like to bang up

Jim Galli
19-Dec-2003, 09:25
I have a very late 8 1/4" Dagor. 829,XXX in it's box, barrel mount, never used. Does anyone have or know where I can purchase bushings to mount it into an Ilex 3. I'd love to whisk it off to Mr. Grimes establishment but cannot afford to have it done that way.

j.e.simmons
19-Dec-2003, 10:50
Be a man. You don't need a shutter.

Michael Jones
19-Dec-2003, 13:07
Jim:

Send it to me and I'll take care of it. I'll test it, too and let you know if you really want it.

Mike

jerry brodkey
19-Dec-2003, 14:16
How about a Packard shutter? That should be alot cheaper...

Jerry

John Kasaian
19-Dec-2003, 17:50
Jim,

I've got a funky (very funky)No.4 Universal with a keystone flashmeter that should(might?) fit onto the front of your dagor. If you're interested, send me an e-mail and I'll give you it's specs.

Jim Galli
19-Dec-2003, 18:54
Thanks to all. I suppose I was wishing for someone from the shop area of Burke & James to say no problem, I've got a 55 gallon drum full of those I brought home when we closed out B&J's lens bank. Wishful thinking. Another member has been very helpful off-line and given some good ideas which I will pursue. And fully 1/3 of my pictures can be accomplished without a shutter so that is not a daunting idea at all. I've done many many pics just that way. I'd just like to have full use for almost any possibility.

Darin Cozine
20-Dec-2003, 15:08
Jim,

out of curiosity, why does your dagor need bushings for the ilex #3? What shutter is it supposed to fit?

Jim Galli
20-Dec-2003, 19:17
Hi Darin. Very late aluminum barrel with threads both groups about 41 1/2mm. Jim