PDA

View Full Version : finding back part of rodenstock grandagon lens

artyvisual
14-Mar-2012, 13:11
I just got an Rodenstock Grandagon 90mm f4.5 but there is quit some lens seperation in the back part. I am new to large format photography. Is there any reasonable chance of finding a owner that has a bad front so I can take over his back or do I have to save the effort of searching? As far as I can tell it is not a very common lens? Thanks!

Dan Fromm
14-Mar-2012, 13:14
If you don't like it and can't get the seller to take it back, try shooting it. I suggest this because I have a 58/5.6 Grandagon that has very bad separations -- rings of fire around some elements in both cells, silvery spots in the middle, ... -- that is quite usable.

artyvisual
14-Mar-2012, 13:20
If you don't like it and can't get the seller to take it back, try shooting it. I suggest this because I have a 58/5.6 Grandagon that has very bad separations -- rings of fire around some elements in both cells, silvery spots in the middle, ... -- that is quite usable.

Thank you, that is a encouraging thought. I would be amezed if it doesn't affect the lens porformance, but I surely give it a try!