PDA

View Full Version : Bulb Setting on Compur 3 Shutter Faulty

tgtaylor
13-Mar-2012, 09:44
The bulb setting on my 360mm f6.8 Schneider Symmer-S is not working properly. Sometimes it the shutter closes when I release the lock on the cable release and sometimes not and I have to manually close the shutter with the lever. Other than that everything works fine and all the shutter speeds are accurate.

Any ideas on how to repair this?

Thomas

BrianShaw
13-Mar-2012, 10:00
Yes, either properly overhaul the Shutter or send it to somebody who can overhaul it for you.

tgtaylor
13-Mar-2012, 10:07
It's just the bulb setting that is faulty. The shutter fires perfectly on every other setting except Bulb.

Thomas

BrianShaw
13-Mar-2012, 10:23
If you want to DIY patch it up to extend usage then you might be able to open it up and very carefully lubricate the B lever.

tgtaylor
13-Mar-2012, 10:32
Thanks!

numnutz
13-Mar-2012, 12:43
If you want to DIY patch it up to extend usage then you might be able to open it up and very carefully lubricate the B lever.

Then send it off for a CLA...

nn :)

BrianShaw
13-Mar-2012, 16:26
You definitely are not num!

E. von Hoegh
14-Mar-2012, 07:30
It's just the bulb setting that is faulty. The shutter fires perfectly on every other setting except Bulb.

Thomas

Well, yes and no. Have you checked the shutter for accuracy? It could be something as simple as a slightly bent/slightly gummy "B" lever, or it could be a systemic gumminess which will neccesitate a thorough CLA.