PDA

View Full Version : Large Format Exhibition to Benefit Cancer March 29, 2012

Steve Sherman
6-Mar-2012, 03:51
The Raid Our Gallery Large Format photography exhibition to benefit cancer patients is again scheduled for Thursday March 29th in Middletown, Connecticut.

You may attend in person for a $25.00 Reception ticket or purchase a Gallery ticket for $150.00 and gain a chance to select photographs donated by notable working Large Format photographers such as Sandy King, Shelby Lee Adams, Bill Scwhab, Kirk Gittings, Ron Rosenstock, Bob Carnie, Ken Lee, Michael Mutmansky, Monty McCutchen, Terry Hayden, Craig Huber, Jim Shanesy, Scott Killian, Shawn Dougherty, Denise Ross, Paul Wainwright, Keith Walklet, Ted Stoddard, as well as the members of The New England Large Format Photography Collective have donated their Large Format works of art. All monies are tax deductible with all proceeds going to the aid of Middlesex Cancer Center surviving patients in care.

This is a can't miss opportunity to support a terrific cause and gain a pretty impressive Large Format photograph in return. See this link for a preview of the art works available:

http://www.nelfpc.com/rog-2012/

PM me if you would like further information on attending or purchasing a ticket and the exact details on how to support those less fortunate than most.

Best regards, Steve Sherman

jp
6-Mar-2012, 05:36
Benefiting Cancer and Benefiting Cancer Patients is two different things.

Shawn Dougherty
6-Mar-2012, 05:40
Glad I could chip in Steve. Hoping this is the most successful yet!
Shawn

Jim Fuller
6-Mar-2012, 16:11
This is a great event. At the last one, I picked up a delightful Tim Jones print of the Alabama Hills.

Monty McCutchen
6-Mar-2012, 16:41
I'm always excited this time of the year for this event to roll around. Now if I could only get out to one of the openings to meet all of the fine people who make such a huge undertaking possible! Alas the scheduling gods remain miserly with their goodwill and I will miss this years as well. I trust the opening and auction go off fabulously. Thanks for the inclusion in such a fine list of photographers.

best,

Monty

gene LaFord
6-Mar-2012, 18:45
This is a great event to support and am glad to be a part of it again this year.

gene

Kirk Gittings
6-Mar-2012, 19:06
This is a great event to support and am glad to be a part of it again this year.

gene

ditto!

jim kipfer
6-Mar-2012, 19:22
This is a wonderful event, and anyone within driving distance who can make it would not be disappointed. The crowd is wonderful, the artists informative and the photographs are exquisite!
I'm looking forward to the event
Jim K

Steve Sherman
6-Mar-2012, 20:01
This is a wonderful event, and anyone within driving distance who can make it would not be disappointed. The crowd is wonderful, the artists informative and the photographs are exquisite!
I'm looking forward to the event
Jim K

Love the driving distance Jim, Wisconsin to Connecticut, couple hours or so.

bob carnie
7-Mar-2012, 10:35
I am looking forward to the Sherman Weekend experience again, missed last year, but really exited to be going to the Armory show with some of my friends. Two years ago I got a Sandy King print at the benifit, this year I am going after the Monty McCutchen print , it looks amazing on the website and know it will fit well on my walls.

rjphil
7-Mar-2012, 15:14
It's a great time, with beautiful photographs and good company.

vinny
7-Mar-2012, 15:24
I donated an 8x10, I hope to see some pics of our prints at the event.

Jim Shanesy
7-Mar-2012, 21:17
I donated an 8x10, I hope to see some pics of our prints at the event.

If Sherman will let me through the door with a digital camera (I'd say the odds are about 50-50) I'll take plenty of pics with it. I'll try to get a shot of everyone's print as they're hung at the event.

Kirk Gittings
7-Mar-2012, 21:18
Good luck with that!

Jim Shanesy
7-Mar-2012, 21:22
Good luck with that!

I'll just show up with my Canon in one hand and a bottle of Dumante in the other. That should improve the odds considerably.

Kirk Gittings
7-Mar-2012, 21:27
Canon behind the back>Dumante in front>move fast

Steve Sherman
8-Mar-2012, 05:07
Canon behind the back>Dumante in front>move fast

What's a Canon? What no Stagg

bob carnie
8-Mar-2012, 06:54
What happens at Shermans stays at Shermans or I am not coming.

Kirk Gittings
8-Mar-2012, 08:15

I have my sources.;)

gene LaFord
8-Mar-2012, 09:11
This could be fun to watch! :D

gene

Jim Shanesy
8-Mar-2012, 14:01
What's a Canon? What no Stagg

Haven't seen any around here for the past 2 releases. Paletti's holding some for me, but unfortunately he can't take it on an airplane. That's why I didn't bring any last year. I only brought T.H. Handy (which is pretty potent, too, but about 20 proof lower octane than G.T. Stagg).

Jim Shanesy
8-Mar-2012, 14:04
What happens at Shermans stays at Shermans

:rolleyes:That's what you think:rolleyes:

Steve Sherman
8-Mar-2012, 16:51
Bob Carnie, have you met my friend Kirk Gittings??

jim kipfer
8-Mar-2012, 21:48
Love the driving distance Jim, Wisconsin to Connecticut, couple hours or so.

The crazy things we do in the name of art!

climbabout
10-Mar-2012, 09:38
3 weeks to go - just purchased my gallery ticket -
Tim

Monty McCutchen
10-Mar-2012, 11:55
I am looking forward to the Sherman Weekend experience again, missed last year, but really exited to be going to the Armory show with some of my friends. Two years ago I got a Sandy King print at the benifit, this year I am going after the Monty McCutchen print , it looks amazing on the website and know it will fit well on my walls.

Thank you Bob. It means a great deal a printer of your stature would say such a thing. It's greatly appreciated.

best,

Monty

bob carnie
10-Mar-2012, 12:30
Monty its a great image, If I don't get it at Shermans, I am going to consider it my road picture from you ... My print for you and Dinesh is ready and now I know how to make you comply.

Thank you Bob. It means a great deal a printer of your stature would say such a thing. It's greatly appreciated.

best,

Monty

DMG
15-Mar-2012, 16:44
I have been involved with the ROG from the start. I need a push to get back in the darkroom & always feel re-energized to be a part of the Benefit. Thank you NELFPC!
Dan

Jim Fuller
24-Mar-2012, 14:29
For the collectors out there: this is a good way to get a great print at a real steal...and for a good cause.

Michael Mutmansky
26-Mar-2012, 18:27
Tell me about it... I have a bunch I am salivating over. I hope my number gets called early! There's a lot of really great images in the set.

I got one of monte's a few years ago (awesome!).

---Michael

Ken Lee
30-Mar-2012, 08:45
It went very well, I thought. It was great to meet some familiar LF photographers in person.