PDA

View Full Version : Safe light question

David Flockhart
10-Dec-2003, 22:45
I came upon two safelights that merit question. They are made by FOBA. They are listed as type 'LUNAO' with F.No. 70981 and are listed at 35 Watts. They each have an elongated sodium vapour tube that puts out yellow light when warmed. They also have a very dark filter. I don't know if the filter is for colour work or not. My question is: does anyone know of these lights and their suitability for Azo paper. They are around $30.00 US each and look unused.

David R Munson
10-Dec-2003, 23:37
Where can I find some info on these? The sound interesting. But I think just about any safelight of vaguely the right color would be fine for Azo, given the extremely slow speed of the stuff.

John Cook
11-Dec-2003, 06:48
Sounds like a competitor to the excellent (but expensive) line of sodium vapor safelights made by Thomas. Here they are, for comparison, at B&H:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=search&Q=&b=559&shs=&ci=534&sortDrop=bs_asc&bl=&al=&pn=1&shs=&pn=1&ci=534&Submit.x=47&Submit.y=15

Bob Salomon
11-Dec-2003, 06:57
More likely they are competing with The Kaiser Duka 50 or the earlier Duka 10 sodium vapor safelight since this is a European product. The Kaiser, unlike the Thomas, can be used on any surface and comes with all filters.

David Flockhart
11-Dec-2003, 12:57
Just received this reply from FOBA. Thanks for the input.

The production of FOBA safelights has been stoped approx 15 years ago. There are still some of the spareparts available incl. soft filters for black und white. With best regards FOBA LTD Rolf Buehrer