PDA

View Full Version : LF Photography books 2011

QT Luong
3-Mar-2012, 12:06
As in the couple of past years (see http://www.largeformatphotography.info/books/) I've compiled an eclectic list of ten books of large format photography published in the past year (2011), which caught my eye. This year, instead of publishing it as a page on this site, I am using the new social site Pinteret.com as it makes it faster to create good-looking lists.

Updated (May 31 2003) link: http://pinterest.com/qtluong/photo-books-lf-2011/

Let's hear about your favorites from last year !

Darin Boville
3-Mar-2012, 18:08
Don't really know if it is a LF book or not (don't really care) but one of the year's top stand-outs for me is Lee Friedlander: The New Cars 1964.

--Darin (never heard of Pinteret either....)

Holdenrichards
6-Mar-2012, 07:18
Pinterest is perfect for this sort of list making. very smart. Thanks for the list.

chris_4622
6-Mar-2012, 11:22
Well I'm not sure this is a photography book, more of a book about a photographer. "A Restless Eye" the biography of Brett Weston was a great read.

mdm
6-Mar-2012, 15:23
My favourite photobook of the year is a very reasonably priced book of Pt/Pd prints by J M Ferreira made on the port wine route in Portugal, sold through alternativephotography.com . It is not terribly pretentious but has a wonderful sense of place and made me look around and think how I could describe this place to people who have never been here. I want to go to Portugal now.

Doug Howk
7-Mar-2012, 11:00
Thanks, David, for the tip on the Ferreira book. I ordered a copy.

mdm
7-Mar-2012, 11:52
I hope it dosent disappoint.

mathieu Bauwens
12-Apr-2012, 09:11
A really good book with some lovely photographs inside.

flycatcher
29-May-2013, 20:21
Oddly, this link no longer works?

rdenney
30-May-2013, 07:13
Oddly, this link no longer works?

Not so odd. The thread was started over a year ago. If you PM the OP, he might send you the list directly, or provide a new link. I'm not sure he'll see this thread otherwise.

Rick "noting that free online service are not always persistent" Denney

mdm
5-Jun-2013, 21:44
Anyway my favourite books over the last while in no particular order:
William Clift - Shiprock and Mont St Michel
Johsel Namkung - A Retrospective
Berenice Abbot - Documenting Science
Ivan van Coller - Interior Relations
Paul Strand - The Garden at Orgeval

What are your favourites?

andreios
6-Jun-2013, 00:13
This LINK (http://pinterest.com/qtluong/photo-books-lf-2011/)works here...

andreios
6-Jun-2013, 00:29
Anyway my favourite books over the last while in no particular order:
William Clift - Shiprock and Mont St Michel
Johsel Namkung - A Retrospective
Berenice Abbot - Documenting Science
Ivan van Coller - Interior Relations
Paul Strand - The Garden at Orgeval

What are your favourites?

This could be worth a separate thread, don't you think, David? I am sure many would be as interested as I am.

My latest favourite, though not very LF is Pentti Sammallahti's Here, Far Away.. Excellent photography and a really beautiful book.
But I would gladly hear about other's favourites, especially from LF photographers.

QT Luong
8-Jun-2013, 12:04
This spurred me to complete my 2012 list (which includes 3 of 5 mdm's favorites):
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?104163-LF-Photography-books-2012
Please continue discussion of 2012 books there.

h2oman
13-Jun-2013, 07:23
Thanks for th tip on Sammallahti. The web page I found with images was fairly comprehensive - definitely fun viewing for dog or cat lovers!

andreios
13-Jun-2013, 10:44
You're welcome. One small tip - if you decide to purchase the book, the English edition is becoming very sought after and therefore expensive. You can get Italian or Spanish edition for peanuts. Relatively speeking.

QT Luong
14-Jun-2013, 10:51
The Online Photographer states that there will soon be a reprint of the Sammallahti retrospective, one of my favorites from 2012 as well.