PDA

View Full Version : converting sinar dmb mounted lens to copal

sethlatimer
1-Mar-2012, 12:06
Is it possible to unscrew the elements of a sinar dbm mounted lens and screw them into a regular copal shutter? Specifically I am thinking of moving something like a nikkor 300 f9 (that often comes in a copal 1 shutter) into a copal 1 shutter. I just want to make sure the sinar mounted lenses don't have different threads or spacings.
Thanks,
Seth

rdenney
1-Mar-2012, 12:11
Is it possible to unscrew the elements of a sinar dbm mounted lens and screw them into a regular copal shutter? Specifically I am thinking of moving something like a nikkor 300 f9 (that often comes in a copal 1 shutter) into a copal 1 shutter. I just want to make sure the sinar mounted lenses don't have different threads or spacings.

They are threaded the same way as standard shutters. Yes, you should be able to move the cells to a standard shutter. You'll have to make an aperture scale, of course.

Rick "suspecting Copal made the DBM mounts just as they make the auto-aperture shutter that goes with them" Denney

Scott Walker
1-Mar-2012, 12:15
I have the copal shutters for my db mounted lenses and it does appear that they were just unscrewed from the copal shutters and screwed onto the sinar mount.

sethlatimer
3-Mar-2012, 07:08
Cool, thanks for your help.
Seth

Ken Lee
4-Mar-2012, 05:41
I have gone the other way: I've mounted lenses which were purchased new in Copal shutters, into Sinar DB boards.

Actually, I use them interchangeably, depending on the camera: just unscrew from one, and screw into the other.

It's an attractive option.

LF_rookie_to_be
25-Jan-2013, 14:01
Is the only difference between "DBM" and "DB" mount the absence of any manual control of aperture on the latter?

erie patsellis
25-Jan-2013, 23:35
Yes